help with blowback

arbuck
help with blowback

Post by arbuck » November 30th, 2012, 4:05 pm

I have a knight original (orange) disk muzzleloader that I am getting alot of blowback with, after I shoot it 8-10 shots the bolt is pretty well covered and its on the rear scope mount. My question is if I convert it to the red disk would that help with my problem, or go with using bare primers. I like the rifle and the accuracy im getting , just dont like the big clean up at the end of the day. thanks

Gundoger

Re: help with blowback

Post by Gundoger » November 30th, 2012, 6:25 pm

I have a original DISC that I changed the bolt to a Extreme bolt and the breech plug to the bare primer plug. I am getting almost no blow back.

arbuck

Post by arbuck » November 30th, 2012, 7:00 pm

thanks for the quick reply, that was what I was hoping to hear, I really like that old gun but the cleaning was a real pain. I guess I had better get to ordering the conversion kit. Thanks again, Buck

sourdough44

Post by sourdough44 » December 2nd, 2012, 3:54 pm

Yes, and another idea would be to get the 'conversion' package, then get the Lehigh style BP, Knight sells them now for the Extreme/Elite. Then you would have the cleanest yet, & no red discs. Not that I mind the discs, but that BP is optimized for B209.

They are reports of possible issues with critical 'headspacing' so to speak with the Lehigh plug in an 'original' disc', after you were to get the new bolt. I'd still try going all the way to a Lehigh plug though.

To ease cleaning I use a socket with extension to take the BP out. I have added the 'quick release' for the bolt on all rifles that didn't have that too. Then with the new BP, blowback is at a minimum.