Sticky Safety

Twud
Sticky Safety

Post by Twud » November 19th, 2012, 7:30 pm

Gonna head to the range tomorrow to double check the zero on my original .45 cal disc rifle. I tried to dry fire it to check the trigger and it wont fire. The safety is off and the bolt safety is very difficult to turn. What am I doing wrong? It's been while since I last fired it and it went off with out a hitch.

a1smokepole

Re: Sticky Safety

Post by a1smokepole » November 19th, 2012, 8:15 pm

try and take the bolt apart and clean and reoil this may help.

sourdough44

Post by sourdough44 » November 26th, 2012, 6:00 am

I'd take the barreled action off the stock & start looking, something may be binding up. Once off clean, lube & try some more. Knight triggers are easily swapped in like guns, one screw. If all else fails send in for a replacement or check for parts. There are more than a few corroded M-Ls out there, the trigger would still be good though.

If the 'bolt safety', secondary safety is hard to turn maybe the bolt isn't reassembled properly? If the bolt is 'sprung' & not in that correct 'detent' it will mess things up. Not sure if that is even possible when in place though.
Last edited by sourdough44 on November 28th, 2012, 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

sabotloader

Post by sabotloader » November 27th, 2012, 9:27 pm

Twud wrote:Gonna head to the range tomorrow to double check the zero on my original .45 cal disc rifle. I tried to dry fire it to check the trigger and it wont fire. The safety is off and the bolt safety is very difficult to turn. What am I doing wrong? It's been while since I last fired it and it went off with out a hitch.
Is the secondary safety off and/or have you disassembled the bolt lately?
Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast