Knight Vision Breech plug problem

cullenbigd
Knight Vision Breech plug problem

Post by cullenbigd » December 7th, 2012, 2:37 pm

Hi. I bought a Knight Vision through the Sportsmans guide a couple of years ago. The first thing is that I noticed that the breech plug did not have the special folding plate to keep the primer in place that was described in the owners manual and video for this model. When I contacted Knight for service I was told that this model did not have that feature but had a different breech plug. Here's the rub, the breech plug does not work. With it installed the gun would not close with the 209 primer in place (primer was sticking out too far) I then cranked the plug a bit more (more than I was comfortable doing) and got the gun to close but it would not fire with a primer in place as there was clearly no space for the firing pin to have a full extension. 'The firing pin appeared to work fine. I suspect I had the wrong plug. Anyone else have this experience? I then ordered a replacement plug from Knight for this model which uses the plastic holder for the 209 primer and it fires fine. Just without the convenience that the gun was designed for which was supposed to be easy to load the 209 and remove it. Now it is a pain in the neck but workable. Anyone have this experience? Not sure what went wrong but suspect Knight installed the wrong plug. Honestly, they were not very helpful with this issue when I called. Help anyone? Thanks a lot.

barry64young

Re: Knight Vision Breech plug problem

Post by barry64young » October 30th, 2013, 1:40 pm

cullenbigd wrote:Hi. I bought a Knight Vision through the Sportsmans guide a couple of years ago. The first thing is that I noticed that the breech plug did not have the special folding plate to keep the primer in place that was described in the owners manual and video for this model. When I contacted Knight for service I was told that this model did not have that feature but had a different breech plug. Here's the rub, the breech plug does not work. With it installed the gun would not close with the 209 primer in place (primer was sticking out too far) I then cranked the plug a bit more (more than I was comfortable doing) and got the gun to close but it would not fire with a primer in place as there was clearly no space for the firing pin to have a full extension. 'The firing pin appeared to work fine. I suspect I had the wrong plug. Anyone else have this experience? I then ordered a replacement plug from Knight for this model which uses the plastic holder for the 209 primer and it fires fine. Just without the convenience that the gun was designed for which was supposed to be easy to load the 209 and remove it. Now it is a pain in the neck but workable. Anyone have this experience? Not sure what went wrong but suspect Knight installed the wrong plug. Honestly, they were not very helpful with this issue when I called. Help anyone? Thanks a lot.

Return to “Bullets & Sabots”