Antelope opener .

Blackpowder4me
Antelope opener .

Post by Blackpowder4me » October 14th, 2012, 10:32 am

only this one has a better ending, for me at least. The smokepole did what the bow couldn't. It was actually a rather quick hunt, but I had the pleasure of helping the wife get hers .
We left the house at 6:30 and I had him in the fridge at 7:30.
He isn't the biggest one around but he had my name written on him.
The shot was 207 yards. He was facing me . I waited and waited but unlike deer they don't usually turn. If they turn it's to take off at high speed, so I decided to go ahead with frontal shot right between the legs. i was prone with a gun mounted bipod so it was a very steady rest. I pulled the trigger and he only went 8 yards. I stepped it off. He fell over kicked twice and was dead. The bullet entered exactly where i was aiming and came out behind the front leg. The entire chest cavity was destroyed. The energy and damage must have been extreme to allow him to only make it 8 yards before he expired. I quartered him, put him in the fridge and took off again to help the wife. We did find 2 bucks and she could have had a very nice one, bigger than mine, but another hunter drove up toward us and spooked them off before she could work her way close enough. The the guy gets out and shoots one of the doe from the hood of his truck. We decided to hunt somewhere else.

Knight Disc 45 cal 1:20 twist
110 gr Blackhorn
winchester primer
230 gr bullet
Omega 3X9 bdc 300 scope.

sourdough44

Re: Antelope opener .

Post by sourdough44 » October 15th, 2012, 4:08 am

Great job with the M-L.

sqezer

Re: Antelope opener .

Post by sqezer » October 20th, 2012, 10:46 pm

Great looking goat, don't you just love them 1-20 Knights that don't shoot for crapp. :lol: :lol:

Return to “Jus Plain Hunt'n”