Muzzy Elk Permit

coyotewallace
Muzzy Elk Permit

Post by coyotewallace » June 8th, 2012, 9:05 pm

Drew a anterless permit this year and guess who is going to get to go on its first elk hunt? You got it my new thumbhole Carbon Knight 52cal....I bought this just for elk hunting after season last year....retired the T/C Black Diamond 50cal

Here is a pic of the bull I took last year

sabotloader

Re: Muzzy Elk Permit

Post by sabotloader » June 10th, 2012, 11:22 am

coyotewallace wrote:Drew a anterless permit this year and guess who is going to get to go on its first elk hunt? You got it my new thumbhole Carbon Knight 52cal....I bought this just for elk hunting after season last year....retired the T/C Black Diamond 50cal

Here is a pic of the bull I took last year
Dang nice looking bull - congrats - but it just irks me to no end when I see someone get to load an elk whole. I have only accomplished that one time 2 times in all the elk that I have been fortunate to get...

Can not find a picture of the other one but I was able to back the Bronco into the cut bank with the tail gate down and then kick the elk off the top of the bank it slid done and landed right on the tailgate. We had a party right there on the spot...

This one did not come out hole but it did ride out...

This one came out the way 90% of the others did... in pieces on your back... walking them over hill and dale to the truck - the only reason the rack made it out is the two girls volunteered to carry them out.

Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast

sqezer

Post by sqezer » June 11th, 2012, 8:57 am

Very very sweet.

bigbullelk

Post by bigbullelk » July 5th, 2013, 9:10 pm

great elk and great pictures!!

JRW

Return to “Elk Hunting”