Late Season ML Hunting

RGJZ06
Late Season ML Hunting

Post by RGJZ06 » December 15th, 2012, 6:38 pm

Is anyone on the site planning a late season hunt with your ML? I'm heading up to Ohio in January for their late season ML hunt. I'm combining bow with ML as the ML season is only for four days. I'll be in the woods for 10 days if everything works out.

RGJZ06

sourdough44

Re: Late Season ML Hunting

Post by sourdough44 » December 16th, 2012, 7:08 am

I should be in IL for the Jan anterless only hunt. I have 2 tags left. I plan to use my 45 cal 'Elite', with Blackhorn 209 of course. 10 days for you sounds like a full hunt, anterless only maybe? Some antlers may be off already. I noticed that last Jan in IL.

RGJZ06

Post by RGJZ06 » December 16th, 2012, 4:44 pm

It's buck or doe. I know the racks are coming off on some of them. If I have a 200 pound "doe" walk up on me, he's going down. I'll put my own rack on him. LOL

RGJZ06

hunterwhop

Post by hunterwhop » December 26th, 2012, 12:30 pm

wow just got in and dry went out this morning when not a flake of snow was around then about 7 am it came down hard and the wind started to howl by 10 am like 6 inches of blowing snow guess should have believed the weather man lol but they were all day yesterday saying the sky is falling and got up and nothing so said hmmm they were wrong again but they were rrrrrrrrriiiiight

RGJZ06

Post by RGJZ06 » December 26th, 2012, 9:58 pm

hunterwhop wrote:wow just got in and dry went out this morning when not a flake of snow was around then about 7 am it came down hard and the wind started to howl by 10 am like 6 inches of blowing snow guess should have believed the weather man lol but they were all day yesterday saying the sky is falling and got up and nothing so said hmmm they were wrong again but they were rrrrrrrrriiiiight
Great time to hunt if it doesn't get too bad.

RGJZ07

hunterwhop

Post by hunterwhop » December 28th, 2012, 2:13 pm

you are not kidding shot my biggest buck as a kid during a driving wet snow heart was pounding eyeballs about to burst with excitement when the maxi ball left that mk85 and hit the mark wish I still had those eyes lol when it is not comfortable fro us in the outdoors is when the deer move the most. most of my deer have been harvested right before a huge storm durring the first drizzle or snow flurry

sourdough44

Post by sourdough44 » January 25th, 2013, 5:28 pm

Took 2 anterless on the late IL hunt. Neither went anywhere.

aquastang

Post by aquastang » February 6th, 2013, 12:43 am

I always hunt the late muzzie season here in Iowa and then the January antlerless season also. Mostly because I take younger folks out during youth and early seasons and then bow hunt myself. Had a good year this year and got a 10-point during late season and a nice doe during antlerless season also.

tomslack34

Post by tomslack34 » February 12th, 2013, 6:14 am

I am pretty confused about whether it is a buck or something else.It is pretty thrilling to hunt the buck and big ones on that.
aoudad hunts

rsgold09

Post by rsgold09 » September 13th, 2013, 10:32 pm

Mil items forthcoming by using above the few years all around. Individuals halt succeeding that could deliver in addition to target imaginary is effective.