new to muzzleloaders

DarthPaul
Re: new to muzzleloaders

Post by DarthPaul » July 18th, 2013, 8:30 am

Thanks for the insight SourDough. The gun is a Knight Wolverine. I get the impression that having that in a 45 caliber is a little bit of an oddball round. I think its standard is 50 cal. So Hoppes will take care of any plastic or copper residue? It would be nice to have just one cleaning solution for all of my guns. I noticed on the Knight instructional dvd that you should dry fire the gun with a primer into a wad to help clear any oil before shooting an actual load. If I'm oiling the barrel after cleaning, do I have to dry fire it each time before I load? BTW I was planning on using the 150gr. max of pyrodex 777s. Didn't know there were state regs, so I will have to look into that. Thanks!

starbuck

Re: new to muzzleloaders

Post by starbuck » February 19th, 2014, 12:03 am

Hydrashoker

I apologize for the delay in posting, but I haven't checked this forum for a while. I couldn't get a decent picture looking down the barrel of my gun to give you an idea of what the sight picture is, but you can view the Williams Ghost Ring Fire Sight I use at: http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/si ... 30914.aspx

They are relatively cheap, and they mount right on the rear sight ramp that comes standard on many Knight rifles. I love them. I have them mounted on any rig I own that will fit them. Very quick and accurate aiming, and, unlike some peeps that mount to a scope base, you can leave them in place with the scope mounted so you always have a backup incase some type of adversity takes your scope out of commission.
Attachments
Williams.jpg
sight
Williams.jpg (2.35KiB)Viewed 7766 times