choke tube change

Puttncut
choke tube change

Post by Puttncut » March 3rd, 2014, 10:00 am

Exactly how do you change choke tubes in the TK2000 ? I bought a used model that didn't come with any instructions or tools? Advice on the best wrench to make this happen would also be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your help!

FrankG

Re: choke tube change

Post by FrankG » March 3rd, 2014, 7:39 pm

:o

You shouldn't need any tools. Should only be on hand tight.

Puttncut

Post by Puttncut » March 4th, 2014, 8:10 am

Thanks for your help Frank...but I'm still a bit confused...and I apologize. I'm looking at the interchangable choke tubes for sale on this website which resemble many standard, interchangable choke tubes. (the seller told me the gun was equipped with a Modified choke) The end of the barrel (which matches the camo pattern of the rest of the gun and is "female") screws off just fine...it was hand-tight. When removed, this exposes what appears to be the choke tube that is "male" threaded into the barrel and extends out about 1.5". I am assuming this is what needs to be changed but is has no wrench slots for removal. A buddy suggested it MIGHT need an expandable/internal tube wrench common to Banelli guns. This is my perdicament. The whole issue of a "jug choke" is part of my confusion. Guess it's what I get for buying used. Before I order the extra full choke tube I need to understand how this cotton-pickin' thing works! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

WildShot

Post by WildShot » March 5th, 2014, 4:48 pm

Here is a link to the owners manual for your shotgun: http://images.ebsco.com/pob/krwarranty/ ... _29_11.pdf
Not much info on the chokes. Here is the choke you may be looking for : http://www.knightrifles.com/xfull-722-choke-tube/

When you unscrewed the choke, what separates from the barrel is the "choke tube". The male threads that you see on the end of the barrel with the choke removed are threads cut on the barrel to accept the choke and there is nothing else to remove.

Hope this helps.

Puttncut

Post by Puttncut » March 5th, 2014, 5:57 pm

Thanks for the help Wildshot. You're right - the information is VERY limited. Even a phone call to Knight didn't help much. But...I went ahead and ordered the extra-full choke and we'll see what happens. I greatly appreciate you time in helping me out with this. It's either very complicated or so simple I'll feel like an idiot but...wouldn't be the first time! Thanks!

Puttncut

Post by Puttncut » March 15th, 2014, 1:32 am

Just to follow-up should anyone else have the same issue. The choke on the gun screws off the threaded barrel extension. The ones sold here on the website are the same only they're blued and will need a little camo tape. I'm all set. Thanks again for those that helped me on this.

Return to “TK2000”