New Barrel for LK-93 (Wolverine)

gt2003
New Barrel for LK-93 (Wolverine)

Post by gt2003 » October 4th, 2016, 10:39 am

I've had this rifle for probably 10 years. I got stupid last year and left the powder/bullet in it after season THINKING I would shoot it then clean it up for use this year. That didn't happen so the barrel was quite rusty this year. Yeah, STUPID ME! I've cleaned it and oiled it now. The rifling still looks pretty good but I haven't shot it yet. Despite how it shoots, I'm thinking of buying a new stainless steel barrel so it will last FOREVER! I emailed Knight and they informed me the Bighorn (26 inch) or the Littlehorn (22 inch) barrels will fit the old Wolverines! The barrels are Stainless Steel and are $299. It may sound strange but that's worth it to me. This ML is extremely accurate, easy to use and #11 caps work perfectly for me. My question is, Do I stay with the original 22 inch barrel or should I order a 26 inch as maybe it would be more accurate? Thoughts?

a1smokepole

Re: New Barrel for LK-93 (Wolverine)

Post by a1smokepole » October 4th, 2016, 7:56 pm

the 26in barrel will give you a little more FPS and be little more nose heavy with 4in more you can always put a little weight in the but of the stock to make up for this. if you liked the 22in just go with that.

gt2003

Post by gt2003 » October 5th, 2016, 8:35 am

I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to do is stay with the 22 inch. There is a SS Wolverine on Gunbroker but after shipping, FFL fees etc, it's as much as a new barrel assembly. I'm headed to the range this weekend so maybe I can put off the decision for a couple of weeks. We will see

gt2003

Post by gt2003 » October 16th, 2016, 8:51 pm

Well, no worries on this end. I finally got out to shoot it today. Maybe an inch to the left of the bullseye on a clean barrel and centered the bullseye after a spit patch and dry patch. No more adjustments. Lets head to the woods and keep this barrel clean from now on!

a1smokepole

Post by a1smokepole » October 17th, 2016, 7:24 pm

When I put my guns up for the summer I take the breech plug out and stay out tell hunting or range time you have to clean all the oil out before you shoot it anyway and I clean them three time a year if needed or not or more if you play with them. :oops:

gt2003

Post by gt2003 » October 19th, 2016, 6:31 pm

I never thought about leaving out the breech plug. Great Idea. I bet I don't repeat the same mistake again. I honestly can't believe I did it the 1st time!

a1smokepole

Post by a1smokepole » October 19th, 2016, 6:52 pm

I just take a sock put the breech plug in it and tie it to the barrel never lost one. but I'm the only one in the safe.

Return to “Wolverine”