Happy campers.

Blackpowder4me
Happy campers.

Post by Blackpowder4me » February 29th, 2012, 10:26 am

Since there were no posts for the LittleHorn I figured I might as well break the ice. Here's 3 happy campers and the results of what a LittleHorn can do in the hands of an 11 year old.

coyotewallace

Re: Happy campers.

Post by coyotewallace » February 29th, 2012, 6:42 pm

Thats a good lookin bunch! Looking at getting my daughters the little horn.
How do they shoot?

What load/bullet you guys using?

Blackpowder4me

Post by Blackpowder4me » February 29th, 2012, 7:00 pm

They shoot really accurate. My little guys only used 70 gr and a 250 gr bullet. My older one shoots 90 gr
We tested sst, shockwaves , and lehighs . They all shot good but I limited the kids to 60 yards since they just started hunting and they were using open sights.

coyotewallace

Post by coyotewallace » February 29th, 2012, 7:46 pm

Thx for the info.
Looks like a great christmas gift

Smoke Pole

Post by Smoke Pole » March 1st, 2012, 2:22 pm

Awesome pictures!

sqezer

Post by sqezer » March 1st, 2012, 8:39 pm

Great pictures, I just wish KNIGHT would have came out with a .45 for the younger kids, that way they could load a 185 or 200 gr. bullet and have lighter recoil. If they would I would buy (1) each year for our Belmont Sportsman Banquet, I would have the youths do a short essay and the winner would receive the ML for there efforts. :D

Blackpowder4me

Post by Blackpowder4me » March 1st, 2012, 9:41 pm

sqezer wrote:Great pictures, I just wish KNIGHT would have came out with a .45 for the younger kids, that way they could load a 185 or 200 gr. bullet and have lighter recoil. If they would I would buy (1) each year for our Belmont Sportsman Banquet, I would have the youths do a short essay and the winner would receive the ML for there efforts. :D
The kids shot some 200 gr shockwaves and they shot great out of the littlehorn,you are right about a 45 cal Littlehorn, it would be a good thing. Maybe it will happen in the future. But til then there are 200 gr bullets for it that work

cayugad

Post by cayugad » March 5th, 2012, 11:39 pm

Great pictures. And that goes to show what a rifle like that can do in the right situation.

wolf1954

Post by wolf1954 » March 7th, 2012, 10:05 pm

try sabots 44win 185 grain siver tips

Return to “Littlehorn”