Knight bighorn nipple thread size

mroos
Knight bighorn nipple thread size

Post by mroos » October 2nd, 2012, 2:26 pm

I have a knight bighorn and I need a new #11 nipple for it. On their site it lists 3 thread sizes. Anybody know what thread size the knight bighorn is? Hunting season is fast approaching and I've got to get one ordered.
Thanks,
M

sabotloader

Re: Knight bighorn nipple thread size

Post by sabotloader » October 3rd, 2012, 6:07 pm

mroos wrote:I have a knight bighorn and I need a new #11 nipple for it. On their site it lists 3 thread sizes. Anybody know what thread size the knight bighorn is? Hunting season is fast approaching and I've got to get one ordered.
Thanks,
M

1/4x28.... This is a really good one...

Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast

Blacktail

Post by Blacktail » October 5th, 2012, 12:33 am

Hi Sabot...

What makes the ampco nipples better then the standard Knight or TC #11 nipples. Just curious...

BT

sabotloader

Post by sabotloader » October 7th, 2012, 8:43 pm

The caps fit tighter will not fall off and they are tight enough to almost make them water proof.

I could tell you more but the site will not post it...

sabotloader

Post by sabotloader » October 7th, 2012, 8:51 pm

nipples are made from Ampco, a tough alloy with a tensile strength of 118,000 psi, which is tougher than most steels used in muzzleloading barrels. This material provides more resistance to repeated blows from the hammer, and the high thermal conductivity of Ampco alloy affects a faster heat dissipation. This dissipation reduces erosion of the small base hole and assures a longer lasting nipple.

Return to “Bighorn”