New Style Mountaineer Stock

SamBro
New Style Mountaineer Stock

Post by SamBro » May 18th, 2012, 3:36 pm

Check out the new style Mountaineer stock. It is currently offered on the Shadow Gray Thumb-hole and will eventually be offered in the Forest Green also!

http://www.knightrifles.com/mountaineer-shadow-gray-th/

a1smokepole

Re: New Style Mountaineer Stock

Post by a1smokepole » May 18th, 2012, 7:39 pm

Looks like a nice stock may have to get it when I get my 45cal

sabotloader

Post by sabotloader » May 18th, 2012, 8:58 pm

SamBro wrote:Check out the new style Mountaineer stock. It is currently offered on the Shadow Gray Thumb-hole and will eventually be offered in the Forest Green also!

http://www.knightrifles.com/mountaineer-shadow-gray-th/
I sure hope it is not a near replica of the Long Range Hunter stock. I see it is ventilated, does it have the wide (thick) Beavertail type forearm? If it does it really does make it a bear to pack around in the woods all day.
Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast

bigbullelk

Post by bigbullelk » May 21st, 2012, 9:59 pm

The Mountaineer stock is not like the LRH stock. Had 1 at my range Sunday and they r 1 sweet muzzleloader. They look great and have a great feel 2 them and shoot awesome. Sunday was the first time the young man that owned this muzzleloader had ever shot a muzleloader and after getting it sighted in at 100 yards he decieded 2 jump in with us at the 200 yard shoot. He proceded 2 hit milk jug with water on 1st shot. He was quite happy with his new Mountaineer.

crockett

Post by crockett » May 21st, 2012, 10:25 pm

that's enough....i'm getting one tomorrow! 8-)
Last edited by crockett on May 23rd, 2012, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sabotloader

Post by sabotloader » May 22nd, 2012, 9:29 am

bigbullelk wrote:The Mountaineer stock is not like the LRH stock. Had 1 at my range Sunday and they r 1 sweet muzzleloader. They look great and have a great feel 2 them and shoot awesome. Sunday was the first time the young man that owned this muzzleloader had ever shot a muzleloader and after getting it sighted in at 100 yards he decieded 2 jump in with us at the 200 yard shoot. He proceded 2 hit milk jug with water on 1st shot. He was quite happy with his new Mountaineer.
I have a Mountaineer also with an original stock, the stock Sam is talking about is a new addition to the Mountaineer line.

Did/does the Mountaineer stock you have - have the vented fore arm as shown in the picture?
Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast

GMB54-120

Post by GMB54-120 » May 22nd, 2012, 10:24 am

I may have to see if i can get one for my 52cal LRH. If that pic is correct, that is a great looking stock with the vent cut outs. :D
Green Mountain 54-120 Brush Gun
Elite 45 blued
Original DISC 45 SS
LRH 52cal

sqezer

Post by sqezer » May 23rd, 2012, 7:05 pm

I'll take about a dozen of them. :lol: :lol:

COLOelkman

Post by COLOelkman » November 20th, 2013, 9:13 pm

Does anyone know if the new Mountaineer stock would fit on any Mountaineer. IE. Like maybe a 2-yr old mountaineer that I may want to change the stock out for something more to my liking? Also, I've seen some people post that they have a hard time with iron sights on the Mountaineer as they say it's hard to get down to see it which I assume would be caused by the shape of the stock. Any insights from Mountaineer owners?

bigbullelk

Post by bigbullelk » April 3rd, 2014, 8:43 am

they even have them for the Left Hand Shooter!!!

bigbullelk