Western Knight Ultra-Lite sabotlessly

sabotloader
Western Knight Ultra-Lite sabotlessly

Post by sabotloader » August 3rd, 2014, 6:56 pm

I know it is not a word, but it works better for me versus 'less-the-sabot'. Anyway the experiment continues...

Anyway this morning I need to go shoot - I hate working it really interrupts my rec time. So even though it was to hot! really to hot to shoot - I went.

According to my range finder when I got to the Rock Pit is was 78 and warming very rapidly.

Decided I was running out of time quickly I just walked a bunch of birds to the rock wall as targets. Began loading and shooting...

I had knurled some bullets before getting here and I was ready to shoot. I knurled some Barnes XPB's 275 & 325 grain. Also some Lehigh and Bloodline bullets. I knurled the Barnes bullets with simple 'mil files' and from past experience I know I had to use an aggressive 'bastard' files on the Lehigh/Bloodlines.

The softer Barnes knurl very easily and I am able to get a lift on the surface of the bullet to get a diameter of 0.5015 to 0.502 on the other hand the Lehigh/Bloodline which are much harder and do not get the lift I need for a great grip on the lands...

More experimentation is needed on my part or hopefully Lehigh Dave will make one that will work with machined barbs like the ones on his original Lehigh sabotless bullet.

Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast

Return to “Mountaineer”