Finally!!! Go to shoot the new ULite WE

sabotloader
Finally!!! Go to shoot the new ULite WE

Post by sabotloader » July 19th, 2014, 3:30 pm

And I really had a stroke of luck - should happen to me more often.

This morning it was some what cooler than it has been in several days, so the plan was to go to the farm and get some shooting in. I waited very patiently till 9:00 hoping to give everyone at the farm time to get up and be moving around, even though the temperature was climbing.

Got to the farm and was surprised the to find the wheat field so dang tall and no longer GREEN... Not wanting to take a chance on a fire - turned around and headed for the Rock Pit... I hate shooting a the Pit this time of year because it will be full of trash and more broken glass.

Made it to the pit but temp was now 76* - but what-the-heck I am here... Got everything set up for shooting and loaded my first round. I had attempted to bore sighted the rifle right after I got it. I installed a set of new Warne weaver mounts, a new Williams ramp, fiber optic, and fire-sight hood on the rifle. Then I placed the NECG peep on the Warne mount - the sight had been sighted in on another ULite with the same setup so I figured it would be close on the new setup - but I did not know how CLOSE?

This is where my luck for the day changed... I set my target at 75 yards - loaded the rifle and took on the target. 6 o'clock hold on the large 1/2 moon target - It really is 'blaze orange' but the scanner doesn't see it that way. Anyway took my first shot and OMG! it was good enough for me to decide I needed to shoot something more fun than paper...

Well guess what another stroke of good luck... right there perched on the rock wall was a clay pigeon. It is a 100 yards to the rock wall so I could not resist the urge - decided to take the bird on. I asked a guy that was in the pit shooting also to watch the bird and see if he could tell if I hit the bird, or hit close enough to scare it of the perch or even a complete miss - which is really what I expected....

Loaded up and took the shot and the guy assured me that I hit the bird - BINGO - more good luck. Well that go me even more pumped up so I got in the back seat of the truck to get a supply of birds for the wall.... but bad luck now... I just bought a new truck and I had not loaded the box of birds !!!!

Well so any way - I decided to walk down to the end of the pit and see if I could find any other unbroken birds or at least big parts of broken birds. I found two complete birds with a 22 hole through them and 6 other bird parts that would make good targets. Placed them on the wall and went back to work - it was a great morning...

This is the new rifle with - iron sight setup - legal for Idaho...

Anyway think I have another really good shooter...
Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast

bsgman

Re: Finally!!! Go to shoot the new ULite WE

Post by bsgman » August 12th, 2014, 6:28 pm

Which Peep is that and why did you choose it over the Williams FP, or other?

sabotloader

Post by sabotloader » August 13th, 2014, 11:48 am

bsgman wrote:Which Peep is that and why did you choose it over the Williams FP, or other?
It is a NECG peep designed to fit on Weaver style bases. The Williams FP will not fit on the Ulite because the stock is to thick. And I am not a fan of the WRGS although it would work very well. With the NECG, I can remove the peep and drop a scope on the rifle.
Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast

bsgman

Post by bsgman » August 13th, 2014, 12:52 pm

What front sight setup do you have? I think I'm going to get that same sight for my Mountaineer--but not sure how to confirm the front sight combination that would work best.

sabotloader

Post by sabotloader » August 13th, 2014, 4:07 pm

bsgman wrote:What front sight setup do you have? I think I'm going to get that same sight for my Mountaineer--but not sure how to confirm the front sight combination that would work best.
Here is the list of parts...

Brownells

NECG Peep

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/si ... d9643.aspx

Warne Bases W826/826B

947-000-166WB
Maxima 2-Piece Base Knight Disc Matte
Mfr Part: M826826M

Front Ramp
962-020-097WB
Streamlined Ramp 3/16" Screw-on
Mfr Part: 1690