Stuck Primers

GregK
Re: Stuck Primers

Post by GregK » October 12th, 2013, 8:45 pm

Still getting some sticking but, not as severe as before & after about 15 shots.

a1smokepole

Post by a1smokepole » October 12th, 2013, 9:49 pm

Try to polish the primer pocket sides a little more and do not sand the bottom of the pocket your all most there.

GregK

Post by GregK » October 15th, 2013, 7:13 pm

I don't think that will help as I am still getting a LOT of soot & carbon. I noticed yesterday that the primers stick worse if I raise the bolt & pull back on the ball of the bolt. If I grab the bolt right outside of the breech area it will release & slide back much easier which tells me that the bolt is cocking in the gun, which in turn tells me that the gun may not be made right.

GregK

Post by GregK » October 31st, 2013, 9:05 pm

Sorry I haven't updated everyone. The gun went back to Knight & has been there since last Wednesday. Gordy has been off since last Thursday so I'm just waiting to see what he finds out when he gets back.

shessman

Post by shessman » December 15th, 2014, 9:02 pm

I made a primer tool that works great for removing them. called knight and left a message about it. you think a company would look into making one cause I bet most people shooting bare 209 primers in a bolt action have the same problems. Love the mountaineer but actually talking to somebody from the company is frustrating...