ultra lite loads

njflorek
ultra lite loads

Post by njflorek » December 19th, 2012, 5:08 pm

Just got done at the range with my new ultra lite and was very impressed with the results. The load I was using was 110gr's of blackhorn 209, 300gr. T/C shockwave, and a federal 209a primer with the FPJ. All groups were under an inch at 100 yards and the best group at .5 of an inch. I have many other muzzleloaders savage ml 10 II, T/C pro hunter, T/C omega all are good shooters but not even close to this for accuracy. The fit and finish are second to none. It looks like knight is putting out products and not cutting corners on quality. Needless to say I'm very happy with new this rifle :D

bigbullelk

Re: ultra lite loads

Post by bigbullelk » December 19th, 2012, 8:59 pm

Great 2 hear!! Will have mine very soon and am anxious 2 find out what it likes!!

njflorek

Post by njflorek » December 19th, 2012, 10:17 pm

Good luck with your new gun I'm sure you will be happy with it. Mine really likes the 300gr bullets alot better then the 250gr'ers with blackhorn 209

RGJZ06

Post by RGJZ06 » December 20th, 2012, 5:46 am

Outstanding performance from a very good weapon

RGJZ06

DiscMan

Post by DiscMan » January 22nd, 2013, 9:29 pm

I have been shooting the Ultra-Lite for several months and found a couple of pet loads you might want to try. my gun likes the three hundred grain Bloodline with both 90 grains of T-7 and Blackhorn 209. My gun also likes 110 grains of T-7 and the the 220 Bloodline. During the testing stage of the Ultra- Lite I found the gun to shoot better with the 300 grain bullets than the 250's. Many of the groups were sub MOA with one group at 5/8th. good luck and hope information will help

toddr1

Post by toddr1 » September 7th, 2013, 3:59 pm

Has anybody done any testing with heavier conicals out of the Ultra Lite?

Return to “Mountaineer”