Mountaineer not firing

gwhunter
Mountaineer not firing

Post by gwhunter » December 18th, 2012, 8:20 am

I recently purchased a new Mountaineer on 12/13/2012. That Sunday the 23rd went to the range to sight it in, the gun would not fire. Went thru the possibilities of why; checked both safeties were in the fire position, checked the set screw at the back of the firing pin on the bolt assembly. Tried another half a dozen times and nothing. The firing pin nicks the primer enough to barely make a mark on the primer face. Called knight for two days now and no response yet besides somebody will get to. Any thoughts????

RGJZ06

Re: Mountaineer not firing

Post by RGJZ06 » December 18th, 2012, 10:33 am

I would call back and talk to them about this problem. Ask for Sam or Gordy. Or email them at www.G_Edwards@KnightRifles.com

RGJZ06

gwhunter

Post by gwhunter » December 18th, 2012, 10:53 am

Ok, yea I'm calling them back in a few because I have yet to hear from anyone and in my opinion that's not right when dealing with a new gun. Thanks for the help

gwhunter

Post by gwhunter » December 18th, 2012, 11:09 am

Just got off the phone with Gordy, new bolt assembly is being overnighted to me hopefully everything goes BANG!!! Thanks a lot RGJZ06!!!

RGJZ06

Post by RGJZ06 » December 18th, 2012, 1:35 pm

gwhunter wrote:Just got off the phone with Gordy, new bolt assembly is being overnighted to me hopefully everything goes BANG!!! Thanks a lot RGJZ06!!!

It was my pleasure, Sir. Knight is a standup company for sure. They have always went the extra mile to help me out.

RGJZ06

Return to “Mountaineer”