new mountainer has arrived

hunterwhop
new mountainer has arrived

Post by hunterwhop » December 11th, 2012, 6:30 pm

Got both from cheaperthandirt.com wow sweeter than I thought cant wait to sight them in would love to take one hunting this weekend but do not have time to get them sighted in :cry: guess there is always xmas day lol. really if anyone wants a mountaineer or disc extreme chek the out they are about 100-150 below retail

sourdough44

Re: new mountainer has arrived

Post by sourdough44 » December 16th, 2012, 7:02 am

Should be a great gun. I'd buy one but I have several of the older Knights all tweaked & fully capable. Do you plan to go right to Blackhorn 209 powder? I hunt a fair amount in IL, don't feel bad at all carrying my Knight instead of my 308, 243 or 284win.

hunterwhop

Post by hunterwhop » December 17th, 2012, 8:40 pm

do not know trying goex ffg just need to find the right bullet sabot combo measured barrel like .501 any suggestions the blue sabots fit loose and sorry about ILL I live in Indiana and use the older knight and this one during gun and muzzleloader season but next year Indiana is doing a primitive only season after muzzleloader my guess is this season get out the old sidelocks clean off the dust and see how they shoot. The old mk85 has never let me down hope the mountaineer is as loyal

RGJZ06

Post by RGJZ06 » December 18th, 2012, 5:30 am

sourdough44 wrote:Should be a great gun. I'd buy one but I have several of the older Knights all tweaked & fully capable. Do you plan to go right to Blackhorn 209 powder? I hunt a fair amount in IL, don't feel bad at all carrying my Knight instead of my 308, 243 or 284win.
I have a 284 Winchester as well. I bought it from a friend I work with. What ammo do you use in it? I like my Mountaineer to hunt with but it it's no 284.

RGJZ06

sourdough44

Post by sourdough44 » September 16th, 2013, 9:11 am

Sorry been away. When I bought my A-Bolt 'Micro-Medallion' in 284 win, the guy had about 80 of the Winchester factory 150 grn loads included. I'm still nursing those loads. I did handload a few 120 & 140 grain loads to try out. I may get to the U.P. of MI this Nov for a few days of deer hunting, before the IL hunt. I still have some of those factory loads though. The last I took with them was a black bear with a 20 yrd neck shot. Needless to say, no tracking required.

Return to “Mountaineer”