Sqezer - Shot your Super DISC in the Pit..

sabotloader
Sqezer - Shot your Super DISC in the Pit..

Post by sabotloader » April 10th, 2012, 8:11 pm

Grabbed a couple of hours this morning and ran to the Rock Pit. Leroy and I were talking about his Super DISC the other day on the phone and we got around to talking about sabotless Lehigh's. I then figured out that I had not shot any from the Super DISC and both he and I thought it might be agood ideal.

So this morning I hurriedly threw the stuff in the truck and headed to the Rock Pit, I knew it would not be muddy. I hope you noticed I was in a hurry to get going. When I got to the pit I figured out that I had forgot to grab one of the Chronographs - so that part of the shooting experiance was out the door.

Decided just to enjoy the morning so I walked a handful of clay pigeons down to the wall. Placed them on the perches in the rocks and remembered a comment by Semi, something about making gravel from the basalt wall, well over the years we certainly have been doing that so I thought this morning I would just carry on the tradition.

Loading the 45-220 gr. sabotless brass bullets into the 45 was not as smooth (easy) I had hoped. Pushing them through the crown with a short starter took a couple of good wraps, jst to get the barbs through the crown. Then getting the ogive all the way in took 2-3 more good whacks! Once I goot it all the way through the crown it was still tough to to move it down the barrel. Not impossible but certainly impractical while hunting in the field. I tried not to let it bother me and just went on about my business shooting birds...

The birds proved to be no problem... I keep saying I am going to change the scope and put a decent one on, the BSA $29 scope is all that I had at the time, but it is sighted in and the rifle is not mine it will have to go home someday - so I just keep shooting it.

After popping the birds off - i ran a target down range to print a group for Leroy. The 1-20 handles the sabotless Lehigh's just fine. Leroy not that bad of a group from your gun.

After shooting the group I decided to shoot some sabots with 40-200 DOA's at another group of pigeons. I shoot 3 rounds of them and then decided I had better stop - I am getting very low on them and will need some for hunting season, and since I am not sure when Dave might make a bunch or when Knight might get an order... I am now in the official hoarding mode....

Next up to finish my work were some Speer 40-180grain Gold Dots... These little bullets shoot great form the 1-20 or the 1-30...

Good morning in the Rock Pit.
Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast

sqezer

Re: Sqezer - Shot your Super DISC in the Pit..

Post by sqezer » April 11th, 2012, 10:21 am

Mike, you might have to shoot it more to open up the crown on the 1-20. :lol: So what your saying is DAVE needs to make them a little thinner. Any ways great shooting.

sabotloader

Post by sabotloader » April 11th, 2012, 10:40 am

sqezer wrote:Mike, you might have to shoot it more to open up the crown on the 1-20. :lol: So what your saying is DAVE needs to make them a little thinner. Any ways great shooting.
Correct just a tad bit less diameter on the portion of the bullet above the last barb.

The 50 cal has the same problem - I sent this picture to Dave for consideration...

Also I did find some velocities from a previous shoot...

Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast

a1smokepole

Post by a1smokepole » April 11th, 2012, 11:35 am

good report sabot I hope knight sales the sabotless bullet I would like to try it in my 1-20 twist and the 1-30

Return to “DISC Extreme”