Confused about "conversion" kits for Disc Elite

SBH2OMan
Confused about "conversion" kits for Disc Elite

Post by SBH2OMan » April 11th, 2016, 5:44 pm

I recently acquired my first muzzleloader - a DISC Elite - and I'm confused about how to get it set up for bare primers.

I bought some of the little "FPJ" red rubber donuts and that seems to work "OK" with Blackhorn 209, but not 100% of the time. My friend has his DISC setup with a "Lehigh" conversion, which appears to be nothing more than a different breech plug and then a metal insert that rides forward of the bolt face. His gun fires the BH 209 consistently and does not care about what primers he uses.

Browsing the Knight web site I can see a variety of conversion kits offered, but none appears to be the one like my friends (just a breech plug and adapter)

Is this still offered? Is it the setup I want for running BH209?

Any other suggestions or comments we welcome - especially if they are relevant!

GMB54-120

Re: Confused about "conversion" kits for Disc Elite

Post by GMB54-120 » April 12th, 2016, 9:03 am

Knight quit offering the Lehigh "type" bare 209 conversion. The one they offer now uses a entire bolt housing and a new breach plug.

http://www.knightrifles.com/product/209 ... rsion-kit/

The true Lehigh plugs were the best. They were made from 17-4 stainless steel and had removable vent liners. Knight's plugs are a softer SS and the vent liners are brazed in. The flash hole erodes much faster.
Green Mountain 54-120 Brush Gun
Elite 45 blued
Original DISC 45 SS
LRH 52cal

SBH2OMan

Post by SBH2OMan » April 12th, 2016, 10:01 am

Thank you very much for clearing that up for me. Is there any sources for new stock of those old systems?

GMB54-120

Post by GMB54-120 » April 12th, 2016, 11:02 am

I tried to send you a PM but for some reason i cant get PMs to work on this forum.

You may want to checkout the Modern Muzzleloader forum http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/forum/

Its FAR more active than this one and has tons of Knight owners. I can answer your questions better over there.
Green Mountain 54-120 Brush Gun
Elite 45 blued
Original DISC 45 SS
LRH 52cal

SBH2OMan

Post by SBH2OMan » April 12th, 2016, 3:22 pm

Thanks! I'm SBH2OMan over there, too

Return to “DISC Extreme”