Does stock for DISC Extreme fit Original DISC?

Paladin
Does stock for DISC Extreme fit Original DISC?

Post by Paladin » June 8th, 2014, 6:12 pm

Hey all- just got a very nice Original DISC, but I'd like to put a stock on it with a straight comb, like the stock in the link below. I was under the impression the differences between the Original DISC and Extreme and Elite was bolt and breech plug related? So, with that said, are the stocks still interchangeable? Thanks!

http://www.knightrifles.com/disc-extrem ... -straight/

Gunny85

Re: Does stock for DISC Extreme fit Original DISC?

Post by Gunny85 » July 25th, 2014, 11:02 pm

Yes it will fit just fine with no problems. The only difference is the is the Elite the barrel is contoured a little steeper than the others but no issues there either.

GMB54-120

Post by GMB54-120 » July 28th, 2014, 10:23 am

Gunny85 wrote:Yes it will fit just fine with no problems. The only difference is the is the Elite the barrel is contoured a little steeper than the others but no issues there either.
The Elite recoil lug is also different but they do fit in some NEW Extreme stocks without modification. They will not fit in an old Extreme stock without some inletting in the lug area.

DISC Originals have the same lug as a Extreme and stocks do interchange. I have one right now in a Extreme TH composite. It dropped right in.
Green Mountain 54-120 Brush Gun
Elite 45 blued
Original DISC 45 SS
LRH 52cal

Gunny85

Post by Gunny85 » July 28th, 2014, 5:17 pm

Sorry about the confusion on the Disc Elite. I have one in the safe and wasn't thinking bout the lug. He is right. The straight stock would have to be milled to fit the double lug but the thumb hole has already been milled for that lug. There has been a mold change to the stock now so it will be able to be used with either lug.

Return to “DISC Extreme”