Back in the Rock Pit

sabotloader
Back in the Rock Pit

Post by sabotloader » February 26th, 2014, 10:01 pm

Got a chance to get out again today and I wanted to shoot a second 45 that I recently acquired. I originally headed to the farm to shoot but the snow had melted back a great deal and the shooting field was really muddy. So I turned around and headed to the Rock Pit once again.

No great news here but just another afternoon out. I shot the same loads as I did in the previous trip with the same positive but boring results. This trip I did only shoot the Nosler 40x200 gr. HP in a MMP light tan sabot. Again 120 grains T7-2f ignited with a W209.

The only difference this trip was at the end of shooting the 6 new clays - rather setting another batch out, I resorted to shooting chips of birds that I could find laying around on the rock ledges. This did increase the difficulty again, because for me I know I am shooting right at 3" high at a 100. So when shooting chips it is a little more difficult to gauge the hold under the chip + a couple of the chips were hard to get to. Not sure that I hit them all square - but I know I did hit them enough for them not to be there anymore.

I am about out of Noslers - so I need to find a good source of the bullets and order a box - they come in a box of 250 bullets - but I am thinking as much as I shoot and as fun to as the 45's are - I will make it through OK.

Here is a composite of todays fun... worst part! I have to work tomorrow...

Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast

Return to “DISC Extreme”