Looking at getting an disc extreme.

robinhood113
Looking at getting an disc extreme.

Post by robinhood113 » August 8th, 2012, 9:23 am

Im currently looking at getting a disc extreme in the carbon knight thumbhole stock. Does anyone have any good pics or experience with the carbon knight stock?. i really like the laminate stocks on the mountaineer and LRH but really like the price point of the extreme and I diff want a thumbhole stock.

sabotloader

Re: Looking at getting an disc extreme.

Post by sabotloader » August 8th, 2012, 10:47 am

robinhood113 wrote:Im currently looking at getting a disc extreme in the carbon knight thumbhole stock. Does anyone have any good pics or experience with the carbon knight stock?. i really like the laminate stocks on the mountaineer and LRH but really like the price point of the extreme and I diff want a thumbhole stock.
I totally agree with you... the laminate stocks look great!!! but I hunt with a synthetic stock - they are more functional and durable over time. The Carbon Knight is and excellent stock
Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast

coyotewallace

Post by coyotewallace » August 8th, 2012, 2:24 pm

robinhood113

Post by robinhood113 » August 8th, 2012, 3:45 pm

Thanks for the pics that stock really does look good! Think you guys have helped me make my mind. Either of you have any experience with the current LRH? My brother may be interested in one.

sabotloader

Post by sabotloader » August 8th, 2012, 4:38 pm

robinhood113 wrote:Thanks for the pics that stock really does look good! Think you guys have helped me make my mind. Either of you have any experience with the current LRH? My brother may be interested in one.
The LRH is a very good gun, but because of the stock on them I do not use one. The stock is big and bulky and since I am a ground hunter I do not want to carriy it around all day. Were I a still hunter or a stand hunter - it would probably work very well.

a1smokepole

Post by a1smokepole » August 8th, 2012, 9:34 pm

I have the LRH in 50cal and it is a heavy gun but it shoots good and have out shot center fire guns with it out to 100yds its more my range gun then hunting for me you can hunt with it and i have sitting in a stand not walking around with it

robinhood113

Post by robinhood113 » August 9th, 2012, 9:09 am

Well Ive decided to go with the extreme CK thumbhole. Now I plan on using BH209 so you do guys recommend I go ahead and purchase the bare primer conversion straight from the website when I purchase my rifle?

sabotloader

Post by sabotloader » August 9th, 2012, 10:13 am

robinhood113 wrote:Well Ive decided to go with the extreme CK thumbhole. Now I plan on using BH209 so you do guys recommend I go ahead and purchase the bare primer conversion straight from the website when I purchase my rifle?
YES!! Bare primer IMO is the best way to go...

coyotewallace

Post by coyotewallace » August 13th, 2012, 6:53 pm

sabotloader wrote:
robinhood113 wrote:Well Ive decided to go with the extreme CK thumbhole. Now I plan on using BH209 so you do guys recommend I go ahead and purchase the bare primer conversion straight from the website when I purchase my rifle?
YES!! Bare primer IMO is the best way to go...
X2

sourdough44

Post by sourdough44 » October 15th, 2012, 4:04 am

Did you get it? How is it doing?