Still waiting for two Disc Extreme

joewho
Still waiting for two Disc Extreme

Post by joewho » September 20th, 2013, 8:28 pm

I recently ordered these rifles told they should ship going thru week two not shipped yet? Anybody have a long wait for their rifles. Are they having problems? I just want a direct answer not might ship next Tuesday. I have read nothing but great things about these guns and they are a US product but the customer service seems a little lacking.

sourdough44

Re: Still waiting for two Disc Extreme

Post by sourdough44 » September 22nd, 2013, 5:36 am

I don't know. Some of the vendors should have some in stock, ready for shipping. Just thinking Cabelas, Midwayusa, Sportsmans Guide & others. If you want a less common gun maybe you have to go through Knight. I do think you will like it when you finally get it. What model did you order?

joewho

Post by joewho » September 22nd, 2013, 11:00 pm

I ordered two Disc Extreme MDEW706TNV with thumb hole stocks. I did research and Knight Muzzle loaders are rated very high in quality. I was able to contact a shooter who is on their pro staff and has assured me he will look into what is going on with the order. I am working on a time table and I have been pushed back on shipping time with no clear answer on what is holding up the order.

joewho

Post by joewho » September 27th, 2013, 1:50 pm

Great news guns have shipped and have tracking numbers :) One other thing is working up a load time is very limited. Need a good load for Deer and Elk I have been using 777 any recommendations on bullets and load to start.

sourdough44

Post by sourdough44 » September 29th, 2013, 11:07 pm

I know the regs in some Western States can be more restrictive. Depending on what is legal I'd go right to the top. That would be 120 a grn charge of Blackhorn 209, a strong primer(CCIM) & a 250 or so grain Barnes bullet.

If you can't use B209 or a shotgun primer I'd step back to loose 777.

TnKnight

Post by TnKnight » October 2nd, 2013, 9:18 pm

I have a disc Extreme using the 300 grain Barnes copper bullet and 3 777 pellets with the 777 primers it shoots this load great most of my deer have dropped in their tracks

joewho

Post by joewho » October 4th, 2013, 10:17 am

They have arrived putting together not much time before the hunt going to sight them in thanks for the info on possible loads.
Thank You
Joewho

a1smokepole

Post by a1smokepole » October 5th, 2013, 10:52 am

clean them up real good and go shoot you have to break in the inside barrel coating and it will shoot even better.

Return to “DISC Extreme”