.50 cal knight disc extreme elite

cmp
.50 cal knight disc extreme elite

Post by cmp » November 25th, 2012, 11:27 am

Hello,
New to site so thank you for any in put's.Well I have a major problem. My knight will not shoot at all.This is my second knight ,First one shot awesome this one not so hot.I've tired 300 grain bullets,200 grain, 250 grain bullets. I used bh 209 triple 7, i used 77 primers federal primers.I 've 150loads of 777. and bh 209 load 's as follows measured load's of 70 and 84.
I've used t/c shock waves, 200,250. sst 250,300. barnes tmz 250.power pelts 250, 300. I have a vx-11 leupold 3x9 with leupold basa and rings.
Thank you. Mike

Sirs

Re: .50 cal knight disc extreme elite

Post by Sirs » November 25th, 2012, 3:51 pm

when you say it won't shoot at all do you mean it won't fire or that it isn't accurate???

cmp

Post by cmp » November 25th, 2012, 9:15 pm

It will not shoot a group less than 4 inches at 100 yes. Sorry for not being clear.

wesley396

Post by wesley396 » November 25th, 2012, 10:38 pm

Have you checked the base screws to make sure there tight and the right screws.An have you tried a different scope to see if the one you are using was bad?

wesley396

Post by wesley396 » November 25th, 2012, 10:48 pm

Another thing you might check is the flash channel in your breech plug , by running a 1/8 drill bit in the channel ( by hand ) you can check to see if it had a carbon build-up after shooting BH209

cmp

Post by cmp » November 26th, 2012, 10:39 pm

Thanks Wesley,

I've checked everything that you have mentioned, The scope is brand new,plus the mounts. I shoot various calibers in rifles and never had this problem. I'm starting to wonder if Something went wrong with the barrel.Gun has never been put away dirty or over charged a round.My buddy bought the same rifle same week ,same dealer and has the same problem.

Thank you CMP

wesley396

Post by wesley396 » November 26th, 2012, 11:34 pm

CMP , I have found that just because a scope is new does not mean that it is any good . I went through two VX-11's on my 45 elite before I got a good one that would hold true. Have you tried different sabots ? My extreme likes 110 gr of Triple 7 2f an a 250 gr Barns TMZ bullet in a Harvester yellow ribed sabot lit by a Winchester 209 primer (in the blue box ) . Just make sure you run a patch between shots an let the barrel cool between shots to.

RGJZ06

Post by RGJZ06 » November 27th, 2012, 12:29 pm

wesley396 wrote:CMP , I have found that just because a scope is new does not mean that it is any good . I went through two VX-11's on my 45 elite before I got a good one that would hold true. Have you tried different sabots ? My extreme likes 110 gr of Triple 7 2f an a 250 gr Barns TMZ bullet in a Harvester yellow ribed sabot lit by a Winchester 209 primer (in the blue box ) . Just make sure you run a patch between shots an let the barrel cool between shots to.
Think I'd remove the bolt and breech plug and run a patch up through the barrel. If she's clean, use a dry patch. Push the rod through from the rear. Remove the patch when it clears the crown and pull the rod back out. Now take a light or bore scope if you have one and look for fuzz from the patch sticking to the rifling. If you are have a problem with a burr or some kind of knick in the rifling, it will be close to the barrel crown. If you find the patch fuzz anywhere in the barrel you will want to remove it. A knick close to or at the crown will cause the sabot to grab when the round leaves the barrel. It can effect the flight of the projectile and cause it to be very erratic. If you find something polish it out to remove it. Damage in the crown area can be common in a ML because of how many times we clean the barrel between shots.

RGJZ06

cmp

Post by cmp » November 27th, 2012, 9:53 pm

Thank you both for the advice. I tried several bullets and sabot combo's. I have a vx 2 2x7 and a 2.5 x 10 Burris that I know are capable of holding a group less than an inch. I will try them. Plus I will try the patch and fuzz thing before I switch scopes and have to rework my scope for my other guns .Thank you
C.M.P

Sirs

Post by Sirs » December 10th, 2012, 1:46 am

cmp wrote:Thank you both for the advice. I tried several bullets and sabot combo's. I have a vx 2 2x7 and a 2.5 x 10 Burris that I know are capable of holding a group less than an inch. I will try them. Plus I will try the patch and fuzz thing before I switch scopes and have to rework my scope for my other guns .Thank you
C.M.P
I must be lucky or something because I always hear of people cleaning between each shot I've never cleaned between each shot. In fact I've shot as many as 10 times with all 3 of my knights and never had a bit of problems with any of them. When I start ML season I clean them up good and use an ample amount of bore butter in the last swab and let it set for a couple days before the hunt then I swab the barrel till the patches come out clean and load it up and normally don't clean it back up till the season is done,unless I get lucky and kill over 6 or 7 then I'll clean it good once which I did tonight after getting number 6 day before yesterday. I had reloaded and left that way till tonight. My gun always comes out clean as a whistle and I always keep my shots in 1 inch groups at 150, I must just be lucky at getting good guns it seems my son and neighbor goes nuts with me and my guns lol.