.50 cal knight disc extreme elite

jsparky93
Re: .50 cal knight disc extreme elite

Post by jsparky93 » December 14th, 2012, 5:54 pm

It sounds like the scope to me too. I have yet to see a knight rifle that would not shoot accurately.

sabotloader

Post by sabotloader » December 23rd, 2012, 11:49 am

cmp wrote:Hello,
New to site so thank you for any in put's.Well I have a major problem. My knight will not shoot at all.This is my second knight ,First one shot awesome this one not so hot.I've tired 300 grain bullets,200 grain, 250 grain bullets. I used bh 209 triple 7, i used 77 primers federal primers.I 've 150loads of 777. and bh 209 load 's as follows measured load's of 70 and 84.
I've used t/c shock waves, 200,250. sst 250,300. barnes tmz 250.power pelts 250, 300. I have a vx-11 leupold 3x9 with leupold basa and rings.
Thank you. Mike
I am getting here really late, so I will just ask have you got the problem worked out?

From all the things discussed here I think there might be a barrel to stock problem, but I am wondering if you have already got the problem solved...
Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast

Sirs

Post by Sirs » December 27th, 2012, 1:36 am

I kinda have to agree seems like it would be the scope. To be safe have you tried shooting the gun plain ole iron sights, if it is all over the place then could possibly be the barrel or something wrong in it. Thats one way I've always determined if it is the scope or not. All my guns have to have iron sights or I don't shoot them.

Hntbambi

Post by Hntbambi » January 26th, 2013, 8:08 am

CMP, you mentioned you used 70 and 84 gr loads. What about the charges in between? Like in reloading we should work up the load to find the best combination. Start low and go up in 1 gr increments and see where it shoots best. You can learn a lot of what is going on with your rifle this way.

My Knight .50 Disc Elite was the worst at finding a good load of over a dozen muzzleloaders. When they were on closeout I bought 3 of the .45 and 2 of the .50. The .45s shoot good but the .50 leaves a lot to be desired. I went through powerbelts, XTP, SST, PR-QT40, Dead Centers, and finally the FPB, and realistically I am still not thriled with its performance. It will hold 2 MOA at 100 yards. It has been downgraded to a backup gun in the event my good shooting gun breaks.

TnKnight

Post by TnKnight » February 18th, 2013, 8:07 pm

My disc extreme holds a tight group I use 300 barnes bulllets with 3 777 pellets 777 primers I always use a 777 90gr. powerbelt (thats all they are good for) fouling shot after that it stays within 2 inch at 100 for about 7-8 shots before cleaning and always clean from breech outward it may change next time I take it out of gun safe but so far so good mine will not shoot the yellow sabots it slings them every where