New Knight Owner

sourdough44
Re: New Knight Owner

Post by sourdough44 » October 15th, 2012, 4:02 am

Congrats on the new Knight, sounds like you're on the way. Be sure to clean inside the bolt also after shooting. 777 powder is fine, I'd still give some thought to moving on up to Blackhorn 209 though, at least for hunting. It gives you a little more leeway with cleaning after firing, especially helpful when hunting away from home. The only real difference is you need a strong primer for reliable ignition, like a CCIM.

Blacktail

Post by Blacktail » October 16th, 2012, 12:29 am

GADawg,

Careful I may take you up on your offer. My wife was down in Georgia on business a few years ago and she loved it. I have never been to the south...

Good luck with your seasons down there. Got my doe yesterday and hopefully next week the buck. After that I play with the Disc Extreme.

I can extend a salmon or steelhead trip up here to you but the hunting would likely not do much for you...

BT

GADawg

Post by GADawg » November 9th, 2012, 6:29 pm

Too right Blacktail! We are always happy to have new citizens. Anyway, my season has been pretty slow with our four month old learning to roll over and such. Was hunting about a half mile from the house, with Zero deer even spotted. went in the woods behind the house last evening and i spook a doe, and spot at least five fresh rubs. Sigh... Gonna head back there in morning and see what we can see. The knights coming with me even though we are in full on rifle season down here. No shot over 30 yards and a reckon a .45 250grainer outta rock any deers world at that range.

I would totally move up to bh209 if anyone around here carried it. Wouldn't shoot enough to make an order worth it. Thanks to all for the advice. This forum is awesome.