The history of the ML85????

Re: The history of the ML85????

Post by Guest » February 26th, 2012, 7:08 pm

Got it sabotloader. Many thanks for your help.

bilnbon

Post by bilnbon » February 26th, 2012, 8:17 pm

biggesttexan2 wrote:I recently aquired a MK 85 in .54 caliber. Would anybody have a owners manual that they can put on here so i can download it or if unable to do so can you put me in the right direction on how I might obtain a copy? This is a beautiful ML and I really want to shoot this thing.

bilnbon

Post by bilnbon » February 26th, 2012, 8:19 pm

bilnbon wrote:
biggesttexan2 wrote:I recently aquired a MK 85 in .54 caliber. Would anybody have a owners manual that they can put on here so i can download it or if unable to do so can you put me in the right direction on how I might obtain a copy? This is a beautiful ML and I really want to shoot this thing.
My e-mail is bilnbon@npgcable.com and I would love to have that MK 85 manual by e-mail. Thanks

sabotloader

Post by sabotloader » February 26th, 2012, 8:36 pm

bilnbon wrote:
bilnbon wrote:
My e-mail is bilnbon@npgcable.com and I would love to have that MK 85 manual by e-mail. Thanks
It is in your mail box - mike
Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast

KnightMl

Post by KnightMl » March 17th, 2012, 9:36 am

ive got one card of Knight Red hot 9003550 54 cal 250 gr High pressure sabots and a box of Hornady #6735 54 cal 300 GR XTP I want to sell. $16.00 for the pair plus USPS.

edwardamason@yahoo.com

shock-n-awe

Post by shock-n-awe » March 22nd, 2012, 12:49 pm

I recently purchased at auction a Knight Mk-85, SN 3511, in .54cal. It's in great condition and I am looking forward to using it. I am unfamiliar with the #11 cap (have used 209 primers on my TC Black Diamond) and don't know if this Knight requires the red plastic jackets or not, and whether it's advisable (or even possible) to convert the primer system to 209. Anyone have any teaching points and suggestions? The breech plug on my MK-85 is slotted, not hex like the current Knight breech plugs, if that helps. Also, if there is a pdf of the owner's manual, that would be a blessing. THANKS!

rick59

Post by rick59 » April 6th, 2012, 5:51 am

shock-n-awe wrote:I recently purchased at auction a Knight Mk-85, SN 3511, in .54cal. It's in great condition and I am looking forward to using it. I am unfamiliar with the #11 cap (have used 209 primers on my TC Black Diamond) and don't know if this Knight requires the red plastic jackets or not, and whether it's advisable (or even possible) to convert the primer system to 209. Anyone have any teaching points and suggestions? The breech plug on my MK-85 is slotted, not hex like the current Knight breech plugs, if that helps. Also, if there is a pdf of the owner's manual, that would be a blessing. THANKS!

Don't worry about the red jackets those are for 209 primers and won't work with your breech plug, when I was still useing the #11's in my MK I always used CCI primers.
And yes you can buy a conversion kit to change out the MK to the 209 system and then you will be using the red jackets.

greatnw

Post by greatnw » May 8th, 2012, 3:16 am

You can download a manual right here on the Knight website.
I have a LK93 in .54. Likes and shoots the .348gr Powerbelts in front of two pyrodex pellets. Not my favorite bullet, but it has knocked over two deer with fantastic performance.
I will be experimenting with the loads sabotloader mentioned.
You'll enjoy that rifle.
I don't think I'd convert mine to 209 even if I could for the same reasons mentioned.

19_A_CPT

Post by 19_A_CPT » July 6th, 2012, 1:18 pm

Biggesttexan2, I recently bought one as well. Its a Stainless MK85 in .54cal as well. Was in great shape and although i already had a LK93, I couldnt pass up the deal. Ended up buying the Knight and a CVA Apollo for $130 out the door. Both were marked $100 apiece, but the shop was tired of looking at them. I went home, put the Apollo on craigslist and a few days later I had $30 in a SS Knight MK85. lol. I have since added a stainless scope (pawn shop) and a 209Conversion in it, so i have around $125 in it now.

Have you shot yours yet? Any problems, suggestions?

Also could i get a copy of that electronic owners manual to Chance_Barr@yahoo.com

My LK93 is a tack driver that I got when i was 10 or 11 for a birthday present, killed a few deer with it, traded it for about four or five years. The guy i traded it to kept it in his safe the entire time, didnt even load it, so i bought it back and it is now my primary hunter. i will never shoot another brand of Muzzleloader.

sabotloader

Post by sabotloader » July 6th, 2012, 7:30 pm

19_A_CPT

Manual shouldbe in your email...
Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast