plunger trouble

doubletaps
plunger trouble

Post by doubletaps » August 21st, 2014, 5:07 pm

I have an MK 85 with a plunger that has given me issues...or at least I thought it was the plunger. When pulled back, it would not stay locked in the cocked position, so I purchased a 209 conversion kit from Knight as I wanted to convert it to 209 anyway and the kit comes with a new plunger. When I installed the new plunger I got the same issue. I'm not sure how the plunger and trigger work together to make the plunger "catch" when pulled back but was hoping to get some information here to troubleshoot. With both the original and the new plunger both not locking, I can only assume that it's not actually a problem with the plunger, but rather the trigger or whatever mechanism allows the plunger to lock. Anyone else experienced this or that can school me on how there things work together?? Thanks.

-Dave

GMB54-120

Re: plunger trouble

Post by GMB54-120 » August 22nd, 2014, 8:12 am

Is this the rifle you posted about with the barrel that needs replacing? http://forums.knightrifles.com/need-rep ... t1218.html

Considering it was not well cared for,...i can only guess either the trigger assembly is loose or has internal corrosion.
Green Mountain 54-120 Brush Gun
Elite 45 blued
Original DISC 45 SS
LRH 52cal

doubletaps

Re: plunger trouble

Post by doubletaps » August 22nd, 2014, 3:02 pm

Yes it's the same rifle. Overall the gun is in pretty good shape. I had my local gun guy take a look at the barrel and was left scratching his head at the gouge inside the barrel. I have always kept it clean, but who knows how the previous owner treated it. As much as I hate to say it, I think I am just going to go with a new rifle. I don't want to sink a bunch of money into it but I would like to know what went wrong. If you are still looking for a replacement barrel, Knight sent me a link. It looks like the site is down at the moment but should be back soon.

http://www.knightrifles.com/Littlehorn-Barrel-.50cal/

Return to “MK85”