Need replacement barrel for Mk85

vrakes66
Need replacement barrel for Mk85

Post by vrakes66 » January 2nd, 2013, 8:54 am

Is there anywhere to get a replacement barrel for the Knight MK85?? I have one that I bought used, and the barrel is pitted considerably, and still shoots 4 inch groups at 100 yards. I would like to get a replacement barrel for it. I have the disc kit to shoot the discs.
Does the new Knight Company make replacement barrels for the old MK85? Or should I go online to try to find one on Ebay or another board? Suggestions?
TIA
B.H.

GMB54-120

Re: Need replacement barrel for Mk85

Post by GMB54-120 » January 2nd, 2013, 9:30 am

It wont be worth it and Knight does not sell them. Buy a whole rifle that is in better shape or still NIB. They pop up from time to time for under $300 in excellent or NIB condition. I just saw a NIB sell for around $200.
Green Mountain 54-120 Brush Gun
Elite 45 blued
Original DISC 45 SS
LRH 52cal

davek42

Post by davek42 » May 25th, 2014, 8:32 pm

If you still have the MK85 with the bad barrel??.I might be intrested in the gun.I am looking for one of these I can put a custom barrel on.I would be intrested in seeing pictures and getting a price.If you still have the gun
davek42

doubletaps

Post by doubletaps » May 26th, 2014, 11:43 am

davek45-

Were you able to make a deal with vrakes? If not, I have a Knight MK 85 .50 with a barrel that needs replaced. I would have liked to hold onto it for sentimental reasons, but I need a new barrel and want to convert it to 209 primers and with the cost of theses changes, it just makes more sense to get a new rifle. I was informed by Knight that the Littlehorn barrel is a suitable replacement but at $150 and the 209 kit at $75 I think I will try to get a few bucks to put toward a new rifle. Just send me an e-mail if you're still interested in picking one up. Thanks.

gmstack

Post by gmstack » January 2nd, 2016, 5:33 pm

at one time knight was using green mountain barrels. have you tried to google them online. they may be able to help you. guy

Return to “MK85”