Creating Basalt Pit Run rock with a MK-85

sabotloader
Creating Basalt Pit Run rock with a MK-85

Post by sabotloader » May 28th, 2012, 7:47 pm

I have not shot the MK-85 for awhile so I headed to the Rock Pit with the thought of crushing some more Basalt rock into more Pit Run Rock.

It was a great morning for shooting few clouds and cool temps at least for this time of year.

The way that I have the MK set up with the Fire Sight Hood and the FP Peep sight it really gives you the illusion that you are looking through a 1x scope at the target. I also use a 6 O'clock hold on the bird so it looks something like 'H' when you look the setup, with the grey ball being the clay bird.

I took the rifle out on the rail a minute ago and tried to get decent picture of the sight setup - I failed this was as close as I could get, but hopefully you get the ideal.

This hold works real well for me as I also use a 6" PBR so at a 100 yards with this load and bullet I am right at 3" high... peferct for breaking clay bird.

I had 6 birds up but by the time I remembered to take a picture 2 of them had left the scene, but you can see the pit run rock I am building up at the bottom of the wall.

It was such a good trip ended up putting up two more runs if birds... but there was somewhat of down side... I finished up that bottle of T7 and by my count that is the 4th bottle I have used since January... To much shooting and testing - but do not think I will change a thing...

Hope you all had a great and safe Holiday Weekend!!!
Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast

Return to “MK85”