MK95 magnum elite breechplug needed

kgam3
MK95 magnum elite breechplug needed

Post by kgam3 » February 27th, 2015, 3:37 pm

Greetings all!
I've been an avid mz hunter since 1st season 1991
Most of the deer I've taken have been with MK85 grand american...a real honey.
My daughter took her first deer recently...an 11 pointer at 12 yrs of age with my rem .308....
talk about beginners luck! But I want her to bag her 1st mz deer this season alongside dad.
Anyway I found a Knight mK95 in incredible condition topped with a Redfield 3x9x40
for 149.00 Call me crazy but I haven't bought it yet....only because the breech plug appears a little "iffy"
Pawn shop friend of mine let me take home to examine it more b4 buying. Melody took one look at it...love at first sight
so here I am wanting to ensure its totally safe and fieldworthy for her.
I soaked the breech area of gun with breakfree overnight and plug came out ez the next day with standard mz tool.
I dremeled out some surface rust and gunk and cleaned hole with hat pin....to find that the flash hole/channel appears nice and round
but there was some light corrosion on the flaired part at base of the breech where primer fire focuses toward hole.
(Back side of plug toward powder is awesome and shiny)
I'm thinking it would be better to store this plug as a last resort down the road...but at least try it at range for serviceability and
also buy a really good safe plug to install for her to get used to firing the gun for this season.
Question : can any of you direct me to a known source for one plug? Knight MK95 magnum elite 50 cal serial # 7XX
Respects
Ran-Man
Nashville :P