In Line Hunter Challenge

rssc451
In Line Hunter Challenge

Post by rssc451 » October 8th, 2014, 8:45 pm

The NMLRA began an In-Line Hunter Match in 2013. They now have incorporated this match into their National Championship. With this, I sought out my local club to host a modified (shortened) version of the match for our members. You can do this too! Stand up and offer to run a match at your local range - then see what happens... (we had 10 ML participate) Pass the word, anyone who likes this format is welcome at the NMLRA Nationals next September.
3 distances: 50, 100 & 200 yards. You can buy targets from the NMLRA website. 8-ring (50), Slug Gun (100), Red 200 bull (200); 50&100 targets are 6 bull targets.
Here's the format:
25 minute relays at each distance with time in between to retrieve and post targets.
At 50 & 100 require 3 shots for score at each distance (I used bottom 3 bulls) the top bulls were used for 'sighters'
At 200 no-sighters, but allow 7 total shots score the top 4.
This will give you a 10 shot match.

NMLRA is 5 shots at 50 & 100 then 8 score top 5 at 200. +5 shots at 200M chicken +5 shots at 300M Pig. This AGG (aggregate) is a total of 25 shots, but each relay is 45 min long.

Rifle to be shot with one point of rest in front of trigger (shooter must hold rear), no Lead Sleds, etc.. Can be shot in any position. Most shoot off a bench, I prefer prone on X-sticks.

Black Power or equivalent - NO Smokeless.

My target and load from this past weekends match with my Knight 45 1:20 is posted on this site under 'Target Pictures'

Good Luck and see you at Friendship next September...