New Memeber

Bearhunter
New Memeber

Post by Bearhunter » February 5th, 2014, 9:47 pm

Hi guys,

Just joined up and wanted to say hello and excited to be part of the site. I am from the Pacific Northwest WA, and have been a avid hunter for 23 years now. Have been fortunate enough to have been all over North America in pursuit of just about everything but Sheep which is next on the Bucket list. Knight Muzzleloaders have been my go to smoke gun and have been lucky enough to take several beautiful Bull Elk with my Bighorn. Looking soon to upgrade to a Ultra-Lite and very excited about this gun as I am a backpack hunter primarily!

a1smokepole

Re: New Memeber

Post by a1smokepole » February 6th, 2014, 9:53 am

welcome hope you have a lot of great hunting days with your knight.

DiscMan

Post by DiscMan » February 12th, 2014, 10:38 am

Congrats and welcome

bigbullelk

Post by bigbullelk » April 3rd, 2014, 8:31 am

welcome Bearhunter!! Glad to see you on here!!

bigbullelk

smjohs

Post by smjohs » April 18th, 2014, 10:36 pm

Hello,
I am another new member and lifelong hunter. I currently own a TC Omega .50 and plan on hunting elk in the Flatops Wilderness next year. I was interested in Knight's .52 cal Mountaineer, but I have not been able to locate any non-sabot bullets in .52 cal. (regulations in Colorado prevent the use of sabots or pellet powder). Would I be better off with a .50 cal? I have not taken an elk with my muzzleloader, though it has dispatched several nice whitetail in Nebraska. I have shot Powerbelts in the Omega with groups in the 3" range at 100 yards. I would not plan on taking shots much longer than that with open sights.
I plan on buying a second muzzleloader before the hunt as I will be taking my father along for his 80th birthday...the Omega was his before he gave it me a number of years ago.
I have all the usual questions about Knight rifles including your thoughts on the full plastic jacket vs. bare 209 ignition. Any help would be appreciated!
The Mountaineer with the laminate stock is a beautiful gun!
Thanks,

smjohs

a1smokepole

Post by a1smokepole » April 19th, 2014, 6:55 am

smjohs

Post by smjohs » April 19th, 2014, 11:43 pm

Thanks! I still can't figure out from reading the Colorado regulations if the plastic jacket enclosed 209 primer ignition system is legal in Colorado. I will probably start with the local dealers in this area, who are likely to know the answer. That 530 gr. Hydra-con looks well made by Parker. If I stick with the .50, the 500gr version would be interesting to try. How do they shoot?