old knght disc

islandgoose
old knght disc

Post by islandgoose » February 3rd, 2014, 7:01 pm

I have a 10 or 20 year old disc rifle . After a hunt this year I tried to shoot the gun but only the cap went off. My gun still has 2 pellets and a sabot in it . I tried a few more times to shoot it but only the cap went off. My problem is how do I get the powder and sabot out ? Can I take the stock off , then disassemble the trigger and then pull the safety housing with the C clamp and finally taking the plug out by unscrewing it with the bolt wrench .Will the pellets then just fall out ? Or will this procedure fail or the gun go off. I have never incountered this problem before.

a1smokepole

Re: old knght disc

Post by a1smokepole » February 4th, 2014, 12:57 am

just remove the bolt and then remove the breech plug take your ram rod put it in the loading end and push the load out now clean it up good.

islandgoose

Post by islandgoose » February 4th, 2014, 10:17 am

thanks

omeas

Post by omeas » February 7th, 2014, 8:41 am

A1', received my new bolt assy. And breechplug with bare primer adapter, took it to the range to take a couple of test fire shots and it worked as advertised. Took it home ,cleaned everything, went back to range next day to sight in. Fired 6 shots to zero it but had helluva time getting primer out-had to remove bolt each time! PITA! My question, if you would be kind enough to answer is this: is the primer supposed to seat completely into the throat of the breecplug or just partially? My only goes in about 1/3 of the way. I called Knight in Tenn. but they never got back to me. I called this AM and was advised that no one in Tenn. could answer my question but that they would call the 'gunsmith' in Idaho and get back to me. Kinda strange to me that a gun factory wouldn't have someone on site that could answer questions like mine-talk about short staffing. Anyway, wonder if you could share any light on my problem. ( using BH209, Federal 209a primers, Barnes 250gr Expanders).

a1smokepole

Post by a1smokepole » February 7th, 2014, 10:51 am

The primer should go all the way in and set on the self at the bottom of the primer pocket because. if its not going to the self your primer or bulging and sticking in the bolt you can dry fire and they will come out try some w209 there longer . the head spacing is off. were do you live?

DiscMan

Post by DiscMan » February 12th, 2014, 10:16 am

Its sounds like you talked to an order taker at Knight. You should ask to speak to Gordon Edwards or Justin Perry they are both on staff and on site in Athens. It sounds like you may want to try some different primers. Most everything a Knight is tested with W-209 Fed-and CCI. My bare primer conversion did not like Rem primer and would get stuck, moved to W-209 and the problem was fixed. good luck