Hang fires, misfires, & dirty primers

a1smokepole
Re: Hang fires, misfires, & dirty primers

Post by a1smokepole » January 29th, 2014, 11:57 am

As you use it you will get the hang if it did for me.

omeas

Post by omeas » January 30th, 2014, 7:23 am

Thank you, appreciate the reply. If the temp ever gets above 25 I'll get out to the range and get at it; can't wait to see how it shoots. My original Disc (1999) was pretty accurate out to 125-150 with Pyrodex and Hornady SST 250's, but from what I have read lately, I should do even better with the Extreme conversion, bare primer BP, and BH 209. We'll see.

DiscMan

Post by DiscMan » February 12th, 2014, 10:35 am

To : Sourdough if you gun is set up to use the RPJ then you will only need the bare primer add on M900044. If your gun is the old Disc and uses the M901107 then uou will need a new bolt handle, hope this helps

omeas

Post by omeas » March 25th, 2014, 10:15 pm

This is a follow up to my last post. Finally got to range again but used some Barnes 300 gr. Expanders instead of the Hornady 250's. Took 6 shots and had to remove bolt each time to get the primer out-not a good thing. Also, experienced blackened primers. The 250's went in easily but the Barnes were very difficult, I mean difficult. Called Knight and finally got through to them and explained the problem. Asked to talk to a tech but was advised he( singular) not available at Tenn plant-he was in Idaho! Suggested I send the bolt and BP back to Tenn. plant, which I did. Took 6 weeks, numerous phone calls to get a call back from Sam. Said he couldn't help me at this time because the hunting season was over and they were concentrating on getting the "pool business" ready for the summer season. Sam said he'd try to get to it in a couple of weeks. I was happy when Knight was resurrected but I gotta tell you, this is some piss poor customer service as far as I'm concerned, and bears no resemblance to conversations I had with them 10-15 years ago. I actually spent several hours trying to get past their voice mail message to talk to a human. On two occaisions, I was told someone would call me back " shortly"; never heard from them. This kind of treatment and situation does not bode well for the future of Knight Rifles in my opinion. TC is looking a lot better to me right now.

a1smokepole

Post by a1smokepole » March 28th, 2014, 11:28 am

Your head spacing is off and is bulging the cap on the primers and is making them stick in the bolt. what primer or you using. and TC is not better and getting worse every day after smith & wesson bot them and their slowly going out of the muzzleloader business.

bigbullelk

Post by bigbullelk » April 3rd, 2014, 8:22 am

I really think you will love it once you get used to it!!
Last edited by bigbullelk on April 3rd, 2014, 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigbullelk

Post by bigbullelk » April 3rd, 2014, 8:25 am

I hold my gun in upright position to put primer in and have had no problems. You will get the hang of it. I think sabotloader made a tool to do this also. Good Luck! Shoot Straight and Shoot Often!

J