Customer Service?

Typical171
Customer Service?

Post by Typical171 » July 16th, 2013, 7:50 pm

Does anyone have a phone number for customer service other than the published web site one? I have a problem I need resolved and can't get to talk to anyone at Knight. I emailed CS first and got a reply back within a day or two. In that email I was told that they forward my info to their gunsmith and that I would be contacted in the next day. That was July 8th. I repeatedly called the CS number from the web site but get an recording saying that this is the off season? and I should leave a message. On the 12th I emailed them again. I have yet to get a reply.

sourdough44

Re: Customer Service?

Post by sourdough44 » July 17th, 2013, 3:33 pm

In the past I have left a message & they called me back. I'd try that. What is the nature of your problem? I have also bought Knight parts from Nurmrich gun parts.

Typical171

Post by Typical171 » July 17th, 2013, 7:41 pm

Have a constant bulging primer issue from the first day I got it. I have always cocked it again and fired on the spent primer and it comes right out. The loads are 110g of BH209.

bigbullelk

Post by bigbullelk » July 19th, 2013, 6:51 am

May I ask what primer you are using? I had this happen and changed primers and problem gone. I was shooting the Federal 209 and changed to the Win 209 which isn't quite as hot and took care of it.

JRW

Typical171

Post by Typical171 » July 19th, 2013, 9:28 am

I tried the regular CCI (0008) and the Federal 209A. These were the Federal ones. I have not tried the Winchesters. I also notice no matter which of the two I use, I get blow by on one side of the primer. If Knight ever gets back with me, I will see what they have to say. I have another call in and left a message.....

GMB54-120

Post by GMB54-120 » July 19th, 2013, 11:55 am

The Win209s are slightly longer and because they are longer, its less likely the anvil back out of the primer cup. It has nothing to do with them being less powerful. You could also shim the primer pocket with a SS washer but it does require some trial and error to get it right. I use only Win209s in all of my bare primer Knights and BH209. They have been 100% reliable and blowby is much less than if i use other primers.
Green Mountain 54-120 Brush Gun
Elite 45 blued
Original DISC 45 SS
LRH 52cal

Typical171

Post by Typical171 » July 22nd, 2013, 1:46 pm

Thanks for the advice, I will try some.

DiscMan

Post by DiscMan » August 7th, 2013, 10:21 am

call Barry Brakebill at 423-506-8793 Knight Pro Staff Member

Typical171

Post by Typical171 » September 6th, 2013, 3:26 pm

bigbullelk wrote:May I ask what primer you are using? I had this happen and changed primers and problem gone. I was shooting the Federal 209 and changed to the Win 209 which isn't quite as hot and took care of it.

JRW
Update:
After struggling with sticking primers and some blowback for 2 years, I finally did get a hold of some Win. 209 primers and no more sticking primers and they sealed perfectly. A BIG THANKS! to this forum and to the great people who post here!

raguspag

Post by raguspag » September 6th, 2013, 7:14 pm

Customer service is great! Just dont call after hours or weekends. They put up a
message that says something about being closed for the season.
I just wait and call during regular working hours. :lol: