Knight 52cal LRH

coyotewallace
Knight 52cal LRH

Post by coyotewallace » July 15th, 2012, 8:51 pm

Took the youngest daughter to the range today with her new 22LR and thought what the heck I drag the Knight 52cal LRH just to make sure she is getting it done and ready for Ohio this November....You bet she is!
Load:
Knight "Red Hots".475cal/375g(Barnes TSX)
150g(Vol)BH209
Fed209A's(in a naked 209 BP)
First target 100 yards. First shot clean cold barrel landed on the left, 2nd shot was a follow up shot landed on the right. I wanted to see where the clean barrel Vs. the dirty barrel landed
Second target was shot at 200 yards on a dirty barrel and putting them almost in the same hole shot back to back...Way plenty good for the hunting I plan on doing.
This bullet carries like a truck....3 3/4" high at a 100 and 1 3/4" low at 200...I'm thinking she should cover 250 with the same hold. Any thoughts?

sabotloader

Re: Knight 52cal LRH

Post by sabotloader » July 16th, 2012, 8:43 pm

Dang Yote! that 200 yard target is awesome!
Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast

coyotewallace

Post by coyotewallace » July 17th, 2012, 8:09 am

Thx Mike...!!
I am really happy with the way this combo shoots...Also looking foward to seeing what this big chunck of copper will do on critters. I dont know what the Muzzle Energy of this bullet is but she is stought

a1smokepole

Post by a1smokepole » July 17th, 2012, 6:38 pm

150gr if powder and a 375gr bullet thats a mule to shot good shooting

coyotewallace

Post by coyotewallace » July 17th, 2012, 8:41 pm

She will get your attention and is not for the faint of heart.

sorrycharlie

Post by sorrycharlie » July 17th, 2012, 10:03 pm

You made up my mind what the next ml i'm getting. As far the 250 only one way to fine out :D

coyotewallace

Post by coyotewallace » July 17th, 2012, 10:52 pm

sorrycharlie wrote:You made up my mind what the next ml i'm getting. As far the 250 only one way to fine out :D
Yep, I got the boone and crocket retical so I have plenty of range with this but where I hunt in Ohio my max shot will be around 280. The other shots I have from my blind is a area thats 250-260(killed my buck last year at 254 out of this spot)then I have a 150-180 yard spot I can see. I also have a mowed path that the deer walk out in that allows me shooting from 50-145 yards

coyotewallace

Post by coyotewallace » July 18th, 2012, 2:03 am

sabotloader wrote:Dang Yote! that 200 yard target is awesome!
Mike,
Whats would be the norm or bettter from 1st clean barrel shot to second shot on a dirty barrel? is the first target what you see on the norm ?
I thought that clean barrel to dirty barrel was not bad but would like to hear your thoughts
Thx
Chuck

PS: Anyone else is welcome to chime in

sabotloader

Post by sabotloader » July 18th, 2012, 10:35 pm

coyotewallace wrote:
sabotloader wrote:Dang Yote! that 200 yard target is awesome!
Mike,
Whats would be the norm or bettter from 1st clean barrel shot to second shot on a dirty barrel? is the first target what you see on the norm ?
I thought that clean barrel to dirty barrel was not bad but would like to hear your thoughts
Thx
Chuck

PS: Anyone else is welcome to chime in
Chuck, for 100 yards I would think that split to be pretty normal or maybe even better than normal, but with a LRH barrel and stock that could be norm, of course that first shot gap could grow with range.

I probably should not admit this but I never hunt with a clean barrel... I refer to it as a semi-clean barrel??? Sometime in September I will take the chosen rifle out and check POI. Usually I shoot 3-5 shots checking POI and call it a day.

When I get home with it - I will run a a windex patch and a few dry patches. Then at some point I will run a very very very lightly oiled Montana X-Treme patch through the bore. A dry patch to get as much oil back out as I can. Then at some point I will pop a cap and load it it up for hunting. If I were to shoot it during the hunting season or at the point that I do shoot it I repeat the process. At the end of the season. sometime after December - i will break it down and clean completely. I am not sure i could get away with this if I were shooting real BP or any of the pyros... but for me T7 is not a problem - nor would be BH.

sabotloader

Post by sabotloader » July 18th, 2012, 10:37 pm

this was a double post??/
Last edited by sabotloader on July 19th, 2012, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.