mountianeer 52 caliber

roosvelt 15
mountianeer 52 caliber

Post by roosvelt 15 » November 25th, 2015, 1:07 am

this is my first post here been shooting a knight muzzie for a number of years. thinking about buying one of these to go with my 50 caliber disc extreme. i love the disc extreme. i have a elk cow permit for january 1st thru the 15 th. went to shoot it on sunday. only got to shoot it at 50 yards as it was getting dark and cold and the young one's were getting cold. it is definately a keeper it shot great. this weekend going to shoot 75 yards and then 100. im useing open sights so that is about my limit. most shots here are between 50 and 70 yards. going to see if i can fill my late muzzie deer tag this weekend. with the 10 percent off it's a better deal than getting the ultralite with bullets and the cleaning kit. any one shooting a 52 caliber moutianeer. i live in washington so during muzzleloader i use a number 11 percussion cap. they work well in the knight disc extreme. even with all the rain we get here. saw 6 cow elk before my shooting session on sunday. my daughter got a kick out out of seeing the elk so close. happy thanksgiving to every one. ive owned 4 knights and two traditional rifle's. the knight's are the best muzzleloader's by far!

rssc451

Re: mountianeer 52 caliber

Post by rssc451 » November 27th, 2015, 9:24 pm

If it's like the 52 DE I've been playing with - don't hesitate. I posted what mine did with a mold I made in the DE section.
They are on sale this weekend.
Let me know if you want to try some full bore lead.

Ukiahhunter

Post by Ukiahhunter » November 29th, 2015, 9:55 pm

Just ordered the shadow gray mountianeer in 50 cal. cant wait to try it out. Im from Idaho so have some of the same restrictions. We have to use solid lead bullets here. If anyone has a favorite solid lead load would like to here about them. :D :D

rssc451

Post by rssc451 » December 7th, 2015, 11:06 pm

Buffalo Arms Company makes good full bore lead bullets. Dave is a good friend and a World Champion ML shooter.

Ukiahhunter

Post by Ukiahhunter » December 11th, 2015, 6:59 pm

Thanks. Will check on getting some to try. Thanks again

Return to “Mountaineer”