Breech release

raistlin1981
Breech release

Post by raistlin1981 » June 8th, 2012, 7:16 pm

Does anyone know if Kinght will be keeping pace with TC and CVA by introducing a quick release breech?

Don't let this turn in to a flame fest. I simply want to get an inline and would like to get the KP1 if the quick release breech happens before season this year; and if not I'll keep waiting unless I find a deal I can't resist.

hydrashocker

Re: Breech release

Post by hydrashocker » June 11th, 2012, 11:06 pm

No it's not going to happen sorry to say. The KP1 is a dead model as Knight lost the rights to pursue when they went bankrupt and were bought out by the new company. They are still just clearing out the old stock and then they will eventually walk away from it. However, I think the Knight KP1 is one of the best inlines ever made, and with a KP1 version it was produced with great steel and great workmanship. They are factory free floated and really have a great shouldering and the trigger just rocks! Accuracy, well I think they have it over CVA or T/C any day. The only thing needed is a speed release breech, but that won't happen.

The CVA Apex is a great gun as well, and the Thompson Center Encore Pro Hunter. I really like the T/C and it shoulders well but I like the feel of the KP1 better, Stainless Steel, trigger sucks on the T/C, and parts are expensive for such a finicky gun, and yes that means they are a pain in the butt. Everything has to be customized to get them the way they should have been built for the price you pay. Also the breach likes to get stuck a lot more then the CVA Apex. But it's like a Harley Davidson, you get the "name".

I think the CVA is a great gun with a better breech design, better trigger and adjustable, great "Premium version" Bergara Barrel, Stainless, comes with a great scope mount, better kick pad, non-slip, and is just a great gun. Downside you loose worthiness because you don't have the name.

They all have their great values, and they all have their flaws. The fact of the matter is this, I have a top notch gun for a great price and is accurate as hell all in the KP1. The only thing I would do different is I would have bought it as a package deal from a gun action site like gunbroker dot com and have it sent to a transfer facility at your local gun store and paid the small nominal fee at the store.

Now I don't own a T/C but I do own a CVA Elkhorn as well, and that gun is accurate, I get around on the forums too. If it were me, I would go take a close look at them all and see which one feels good to you.

aquastang

Post by aquastang » June 12th, 2012, 2:50 pm

Everything I have heard leads me to believe that there will be nothing forthcoming with the KP-1. Too bad, it's a great gun! I have owned a DISC and currently have 3 LK-93s(for friends and family to use). They are all great guns, but the KP-1 fits my frame(5-9) like an LK-93 and shoots more like the DISC.

My first KP-1 had the replacement trigger. YUCK! I thought I could deal with it, so I bought it for a good price. I was wrong. Happened to come across a new stainless model with original trigger and snatched it up. Group sizes immediately shrunk when I didn't have to deal with that heavy replacement trigger. Still have the first gun and my son uses it, but it sure would be great if I could get my hands on another original trigger(That's my dream anyway!).

hydrashocker

Post by hydrashocker » June 13th, 2012, 9:16 am

Couldn't you remove the new trigger assembly and have a gunsmith match it and build one for it? Might cost ya a few bucks tho, but I don't think it would cost too much if he was just replacing the trigger.

aquastang

Post by aquastang » June 15th, 2012, 2:06 pm

I have yet to find anybody in the area that wants to take on the task. :(

Return to “KP1”