new, slightly used TK2000 turkey gun

camobungadude
new, slightly used TK2000 turkey gun

Post by camobungadude » January 28th, 2014, 10:12 pm

I just purchased a Knight TK2000 shotgun for turkey hunting. Percussion and caps are too expensive and hard to find so I compromised. Forgive me. Anyhoo, I am new to inline shooting and wanted to get some ideas on loads for turkey. What is the best for tight patterns and what grain works best? Any other helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. :ugeek:

FrankG

Re: new, slightly used TK2000 turkey gun

Post by FrankG » January 29th, 2014, 12:27 pm

:D
Have a brand new TK myself this is the way I set it up.
Use supplied choke, works well.
100 grains of FFG I use T7
1-7/8 oz of #5 lead shot.
The results speak for themselves.
See Knights trophy page or on face book: Knight posted it yesterday.
Fantastic ML SG. Good luck, get a big one.
Going to bump it up a bit this weekend and send a few 2oz loads.

Fatman

Post by Fatman » February 17th, 2014, 10:19 am

Have been hunting with TK for a couple of years now I suggest 6 shot or even 7 shot works great with the shot cups you can get from knight. I shoot 100 grains of triple 7 will kill turkey's out to 60 yards. This has to be the most overlooked turkey gun on the market never had any other gun pattern as consistent as the TK does good luck .

FrankG

Post by FrankG » February 17th, 2014, 10:52 am

Fatman wrote:Have been hunting with TK for a couple of years now I suggest 6 shot or even 7 shot works great with the shot cups you can get from knight. I shoot 100 grains of triple 7 will kill turkey's out to 60 yards. This has to be the most overlooked turkey gun on the market never had any other gun pattern as consistent as the TK does good luck .
Fatman,
Thanks for the feed back. Had the little darling out for a little "fine tuning" this weekend. Stayed with the charge of 100 gr T7. I bumped it up to 2oz lead shot. Set up was 40 yards for all. 2 round each of #5 # 6 and 5/6 mix. Used 2" wad this time, attempting to hold a slightly tighter pattern. Each and every shot were "toasted him" low 12 to high 18 @ 40. No distingue advantage for either. Stopped by my local shop to show the guys results. These guys are avid "T" hunters and were interested how the TK was performing. Each and every one stated "don't mess with it", wish my XXXXX would pattern that well. :P
Amazing the the wads were dropping at 30>35 yards. One thing that I'm going to try would be non-slit wads and cut them about 1/3 of the way down. May or may not hold a tighter group @40 I'll give it a shot :lol: . I did send one at 50 yards just to see what would happen #5 (not that it would be a common range in my area) mostly woods. But you never know. 8 in the "toast zone", maybe I should stop messing with it! :) Na.......

slickyboyboo

Post by slickyboyboo » February 19th, 2014, 5:27 pm

I posted before I read this topic, but here are a couple of loads I developed last year.

http://forums.knightrifles.com/couple-l ... t1488.html

Return to “TK2000”