My new Knight!

apapro
My new Knight!

Post by apapro » April 3rd, 2012, 10:41 pm

Well I just picked up my new Mountaineer from the gun shop tonigt! And I found a set of Talley rings and bases for it.......double bonus!

Now to get home and get the 2x7 Kahles mounted on it and get it to the range!

I will try to post pics when I have them.

Any loads with Bloackhorn 209 and the Barnes 290gr bullets that you would recommend? What bullets have you found to be accurate in the new Knights?

sabotloader

Re: My new Knight!

Post by sabotloader » April 4th, 2012, 6:57 pm

apapro wrote:Well I just picked up my new Mountaineer from the gun shop tonigt! And I found a set of Talley rings and bases for it.......double bonus!

Any loads with Bloackhorn 209 and the Barnes 290gr bullets that you would recommend? What bullets have you found to be accurate in the new Knights?

Those 290 Barnes so do very nicely from the mountaineer, if they will go down the bore?

I shoot a 275 grain Bloodline and a 300 grain Bloodline - well shoot I even shoot the 250 grain Bloodline from mine powered by 120 grains of T7-2f or BH which ever you choose. The powders perform about the same creating accuracy and velocity. I have also shot Sierra's, Speers, and even som Hornady bullets from the gun all seem to work very well.

Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast

bigbullelk

Post by bigbullelk » April 11th, 2012, 9:18 pm

congrats on your new gun!! We shoot the Barnes alot out of our LRH. Buddy shoots the 290gr and I shoot the 250gr. They are great shooting bullets. I would advise to stay away from the yellow sabots as they load very hard. In the next couple weeks we will be testing the flat base versus the boat tail. If you happen to have the yellow sabots, you can get the blue sabots from Knight. We use Blackhorn 209 with Federal 209 shotshell primer. The CCI primer will also work well. Good luck and enjoy!!

Bigbullelk

TomDrechsler

Post by TomDrechsler » April 20th, 2012, 10:08 pm

120grns of BH209 and a 250grn Bloodline is very accurate and deadly.

Return to “Mountaineer”