Breech Plug removal

jlindsay+
Breech Plug removal

Post by jlindsay+ » January 14th, 2013, 6:44 am

Just ordered a new Mountaineer (bare primer). I won't even see it until April because I'm deployed. I'm trying to purchase as much stuff as possible so when I return, I will have everything. Is there a special tool that you need to remove the breech plug on this rifle? Thanks in advance.
John

LoosePwdr

Re: Breech Plug removal

Post by LoosePwdr » January 15th, 2013, 1:50 pm

John, just got a mountaineer .it has nice heavy duty wrench in the box.ive broke other wrenchs that come with less quality guns, end up using long extention on socket .waiting for base and rings for my scope. next week to the range. gun looks great.Great looking sight here, hello to all and thanks for the great info and love of knight rifles :D :mrgreen: .good luckto you with new gun.Be safe over seas!!!.Rob.

jlindsay+

Post by jlindsay+ » January 16th, 2013, 11:25 pm

Thanks Rob! Mine has been delivered to the house...forgot to ask if there was a tool in there. Take care.

sourdough44

Post by sourdough44 » January 25th, 2013, 5:25 pm

I have a socket wrench dedicated to BP removal for my Knights. The older ones take a deep well 7/8"s I think, with the extension. Once I set mine up for a hunt, the BP usually stays in until I get home. That may be several days, shooting B209 powder. With the other powders I'd take it out the eve of shooting it & clean well.

shessman

Post by shessman » June 8th, 2013, 2:47 pm

Hi guys, I'm new to the board also and Knight Rifles as well. I too am waiting for a mountaineer to arrive. Yeah I would go with the socket as it will be much quicker. Don't forget to put ample breech plug grease on the threads it will help things along more smoothly especially with triple7! I will post when I get a chance to go to the range. John thanks for serving and I will pray for your safe return. Godbless- scotth

bigbullelk

Post by bigbullelk » April 3rd, 2014, 8:53 am

Just an idea for yas. I take the tool that you get with gun and weld a straight piece of rod to it and then weld a T on the back end. Works great for me. Good Luck!! Shoot Straight and Shoot Often!!

bigbullelk

ourway77

Post by ourway77 » May 24th, 2016, 5:37 am

I use the long socket and removal is easy I use an extention to clear the scope as the knight tool is short I use Teflon plumbers pink rather than grease never have a sticking problem They also have a Teflon tape for steam pipes that will with stand the heat

Return to “Mountaineer”