How long do they last?

art338wm
How long do they last?

Post by art338wm » April 25th, 2014, 1:11 am

Was wondering about how long will one of the aftermarket conversion breach plug for Extreme's, the type that eliminate the need for the red jackets, will last shooting loads like this one:

200 grain SST/XTP/Barnes
120 grains BH209
WIN 209
Harvester baby blue sabot.

Thanks,
Arthur.

hubby11

Re: How long do they last?

Post by hubby11 » May 1st, 2014, 12:57 pm

I will assume you are refering to the breech plug offered by Knight that has the brazed in vent liner. These plugs were originally offered through Lehigh bullets and had a removable vent liner. Knight contracted with Lehigh to make them exclusively for Knight, the difference being that the vent liner is now permanently brazed into the breech plug. Nonetheless, I understand that the vent liner material is extremely hard, "produced from a MIL-spec steel alloy and are vacuum heat treated to a proprietary multi-step process to extend life".

That all being said, I can't answer how long they last before you will have to replace them, I asked the same questio on another forum. The two answers I got was that for one, over 500 shots of 110-120 grains of T7 and still going strong; for another, 150-200 shots of BH209 and the ventliner opened to .036".

art338wm

Post by art338wm » May 1st, 2014, 6:08 pm

Thanks for the info, I use welding tip cleaners to gauge the wear of my breach plug flash holes, so I will do the same with my new knight.

Thanks again
Arthur.

jackli

Post by jackli » June 4th, 2014, 3:46 am

The driver vehicle inspection report ,you can get more details at detectorall.com

Return to “DISC Extreme”