Hello All! NIB MK85 .50

Muddly
Hello All! NIB MK85 .50

Post by Muddly » July 7th, 2014, 1:09 pm

Saved her from languishing for at least 20 years on my dealer's rack. Any idea of a date of manufacture? Serial # 34175x. Blued/tupperware. She's a fine rifle. Excellent workmanship and quite accurate as well. With the open sights 50 yard groups ( we're just getting acquainted) are 3/4 to 1 1/4 for 3 rounds. her barrel ( a Green Mountain) is also FAST. A 250gr Hornady XTP in Harvester crush ribs over 70gr of Swiss 3f lit by 11's gives a very nice 1600fps over my F1 chrony. The same load in my Black Diamond XR gives 1550 in spite of a 1 1/2 inch longer barrel. 2 inches if you count the QLA. Shot to shot variations were 12fps max and 9 fps minimum. I LOVE Swiss black!!! Stock removal gives no zero issues and that's a good thing as the breech plug is too large in diameter to get out of the priming port necessitating taking her to pieces to clean her. Although Knight's plastic stocks are the best found on muzzleloaders, I think they're Trex or something, I really prefer wood. Anyone have a walnut stock they're looking to trade or part with? Also she is pure hell on caps and shows evidence of striker bounce. I had an American Knight 10 years ago that didn't do this. Maybe a weak striker spring? Thoughts appreciated.

Return to “MK85”