CVA = Buyer Beware

Smoke Pole
CVA = Buyer Beware

Post by Smoke Pole » May 17th, 2012, 8:48 am

Check out this article about CVA...and this is the #1 reason why I don't buy imported junk! www.cvaguncases.com/Home_Page.html

DrFred

Re: CVA = Buyer Beware

Post by DrFred » June 9th, 2012, 7:55 am

great article. Thank you. I'd like to read more about it.

jhejr

Post by jhejr » June 11th, 2012, 12:49 pm

I own both CVA and Knight. They are talking about old model CVA. If you have a CVA call them,and check your model out.

sorrycharlie

Post by sorrycharlie » June 25th, 2012, 9:11 pm

The barrel on my kodak split,and could not get a reply out of them.then i found out i'm not the only one.So it's not just 96-98 model. Go to randywakeman.com/dangerous muzzleloaders :shock:

sqezer

Post by sqezer » June 26th, 2012, 6:59 pm

I don't want to start a gun war, but what has lead to not only the CVA's blowing up but all the other ML'S that have had problems. Was it over powder charges, Bullets not seated on to the powder, 2 bullets on top of each other, a misfire and the bullet not seated back onto the powder. Sometimes we must manup to our own human errors our selfs. Just my .02 cents.

Ron1369

Post by Ron1369 » December 6th, 2012, 11:57 am

If you have any doubt over shooting your CVA then take it to a comapny that can xray your gun barrel and that will let you know if it is safe enough to fire or not, it will show if there are any imperfections in the barrel once Xrayed.
I don't have any names of companies that will do that but I am sure they are out there if you investigate it fully.

hunterwhop

Post by hunterwhop » December 10th, 2012, 8:58 pm

sqezer wrote:I don't want to start a gun war, but what has lead to not only the CVA's blowing up but all the other ML'S that have had problems. Was it over powder charges, Bullets not seated on to the powder, 2 bullets on top of each other, a misfire and the bullet not seated back onto the powder. Sometimes we must manup to our own human errors our selfs. Just my .02 cents.
I agree there has been big increase in interest of muzzleloaders growing over the past 10 years and have stopped people from doing stupid things that endanger everyone at the range and took the time to teach them. Once watched a guy pull out the powder measure to max and double loaded the powder so like 300 grains stopped him and showed him how to properly measure and avoided that accident.And have taught lots of children how to shoot them maybe if we all got out and gave a little back some of these could be avoided!!!!!!!