New KP1 And I Need A Hand

hydrashocker
New KP1 And I Need A Hand

Post by hydrashocker » March 15th, 2012, 6:12 pm

Newbee here but not to forums,

So I picked up a new KP1 in 30.06 Next-Gen camo and Stainless Steel, but I really wanted a Muzzle Loader in 50 caliber. Then I picked up a a Nikon 8432 DOT scope to use here in Utah. So then I was looking for parts, meaning I need the 50 cal barrel, weaver 1 piece mount, forearm in Camo, Breech plug to shoot BH209 (which sounds like the Disc plug is what I need) but I would also like to get the bare 209 and have it machined with a removable vent liner. So I started looking up scope mounts and quickly found nothing in the form of a Weaver single base for my DOT scope. It is a dealer only thing and expensive.

Anyway I ordered the parts for the gun from the dealer I bought it from, and even though I stayed on them they told me they ordered the parts and would give me a decent discount because I took this gun off his hands he had for a very long time, but they never actually ordered the parts, and they wont! Over and over I asked them to do so for like 3 months! I really need to get started for the hunt as I also have another ML to get sighted in.....ug

Well I registered here for an account and looked up all the parts and I am looking at $400 bucks! :o So much for any deal or anything! I had planed on spending no more then an extra $300 for upgrades over and above what I have already spent on this thing and I am quickly finding myself going flat on this tryin to keep the whole thing under $1000 bucks. After the purchase of the gun and scope my pocket book is depleted, so I really need to get it down, yes even that last $100 bucks cause my wife want to kill me already!

So I guess I am asking the community here if they have any parts out there, coupons, or anything to help me get the pricing down a little more.

Also, thanks for taking the time to read this. And if there is any great load out there for this KP1 I sure would like to know it. I have some 44 cal - 300 Grain Hornady XTP with harvester sabots and BH209 already, but that is about it so far.

hydrashocker

Re: New KP1 And I Need A Hand

Post by hydrashocker » March 18th, 2012, 6:39 pm

Come on guys, did the KP1 fall off the radar considering it doesn't even have a forum section here or what?????

Somebody has to know something on here?????

WIhunter

Post by WIhunter » March 19th, 2012, 5:22 pm

This is the scope mount that you will need for that red dot sight.

http://www.knightrifles.com/weaver-scop ... s-M900781/

That muzzleloader barrel will come with the breech plug.

From my math it would be...
$230 for the SS barrel
$40 for the scope mount
$38 for the camo forearm

Total = $308

If you wanted to go cheaper you could get the blued barrel which is $200 and the black forearm which is $28. That would only be $268.

WIhunter

Post by WIhunter » March 23rd, 2012, 4:26 pm

When I bought my KP1 .50 cal it came with the disk breech plug and the 209 breech plug. It's pretty weird that the .50 cal barrel doesn't come with the 209 breech plug.

hydrashocker

Post by hydrashocker » March 23rd, 2012, 11:51 pm

When I bought my KP1 .50 cal it came with the disk breech plug and the 209 breech plug. It's pretty weird that the .50 cal barrel doesn't come with the 209 breech plug.
Well I haven't received the inamoratas package yet to decipher exactly what it comes with what, but one would assume it would come with both as to your statement, however with the new ownership of the newest center fire KP1, I would only assume that it would only come with the 209 disk breech plug, simply stating, I only would assume their product line is as that they are tryin to still push in simple the disk breech plug design.

Now I would like them to offer a new product line that involves a replaceable vent liner like the Savage MLII. One is to only hope.