A smile to a frown..............!!!!

Fossilman
A smile to a frown..............!!!!

Post by Fossilman » February 28th, 2012, 1:04 pm

I bought a Knight inline a few years back( KRB7 ).....We were in the process of moving from North Dakota to Oregon.Selling the house and packing and all the fun stuff that goes with relocating.So never had time to try out my new toy,till last month....
My nephews and I went out shooting and I loaded my inline and shot it.It shot great,the feel was great,loved it right away.
My nephew loaded it,shot it and than the trouble started,it wouldn't cock back-finally got it back into place and took the trigger assembly out and found the slide cracked on both sides of the part!!!!!!!!!!!!
Called the company and will have it sent in and fixed!!!!
Has anyone here ever owned or shot the KRB7 or hear of its preformance????
(yes he loaded the correct load)............

Fossilman

Re: A smile to a frown..............!!!!

Post by Fossilman » February 28th, 2012, 1:06 pm

LOL-also found out that the state of Oregon doesn't allow inline blackpowder for hunting!!!!! BUMMER!!! :roll: :cry: :oops:

sabotloader

Post by sabotloader » February 28th, 2012, 3:19 pm

Fossilman wrote:LOL-also found out that the state of Oregon doesn't allow inline blackpowder for hunting!!!!! BUMMER!!! :roll: :cry: :oops:

I do not think that is quite true... You can use an inline but it must be cap ignition, The cap must be visble when the rifle is the ready to fire position, You have to use lead conicals, loose BP or sub powder, no scopes..

But still rules your KRB out...
Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast

coyotewallace

Post by coyotewallace » February 28th, 2012, 5:36 pm

Take a look at the "Disc Extreme" or "LRH" I think you'll like em. Order up with the western kit and your good to go

sabotloader

Post by sabotloader » February 28th, 2012, 7:06 pm

Fossilman wrote:LOL-also found out that the state of Oregon doesn't allow inline blackpowder for hunting!!!!! BUMMER!!! :roll: :cry: :oops:
This is a Knight DISC Extreme with a Western Kit bolt and breech plug installed, and in the ready to fire position..

Knight Western Kit

Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast

Fossilman

Post by Fossilman » February 29th, 2012, 11:30 am

I guess I'll just keep it the way it was bought,can use it in Montana on mulies.............Going to look for another inline and purchase one for hunting here in Oregon....Might go old school on it too.

Taureau noir

Post by Taureau noir » March 17th, 2012, 3:32 pm

I had a KRB7 for about 3 month.Was happy at first but we had a heavy rain one day and a nice 8 points buck appeared at less than 75 yards ,aim ,and pouff.Just the primer noise.even with the rubber at the end of the barrel.
exchange it for a nib Knight Disc Extreme a few weeks later.The Knight Rolling block was not for a rainy contry.
Taureau noir

bush

Post by bush » April 17th, 2012, 1:14 pm

anyone needs any kind of knight parts get a hold of me By email bush@nemr.net I have several parts and several ramrods I lost the owners manual to my guns and im not gonna replace them Im gonna sale all 8 that I have so drop me a line if interested.

DrFred

Post by DrFred » June 9th, 2012, 7:57 am

that's a great buy. looking for one