First!

SDThunder
First!

Post by SDThunder » February 22nd, 2012, 4:15 pm

So I figured I would break the ice. I just received a LK93 for Christmas and reblued the barrel as well refinishing the stock. I'm looking forward to getting out and shooting the gun. What are some of your fond memories of Knight rifles?

Whitetailandbass

Re: First!

Post by Whitetailandbass » February 22nd, 2012, 4:43 pm

Favorite Knight memory, buying a new LK85 in the morning and putting down a buck that afternoon. Love my Knight! :D

WIhunter

Post by WIhunter » February 22nd, 2012, 4:51 pm

I love my KP1! I haven't taken a deer with it yet but it sure is a nice gun. I also have a 223 barrel for it which is very fun to shoot.

KnightMl

Post by KnightMl » February 22nd, 2012, 6:59 pm

Woo Hoo I got the user name KnightMl. How great is that???

I got one of the first Knight 85 to hit Nashville.

I stuggled with percussion Mls for years and really did not understand how to properly work up a load, ball and patch combo. Tried all sorts of Buffalo Bullets and different stuff but found nothing that did all that great. Killed a lot of deer but missed a lot too.

When I got my first Knight it was like magic. I just pored the powder down it out in these funky little plastic things called sabots with a lead handgun bullet and went to shooting. Dang if the first 3 shots at 50 yards didnt eat the center of the target out. No adjusting of the sights needed. Killed numerous deer with that Ml.

So when the $240 LK93 came out with walnut stock I had to have one of those too. Dang if it didnt shoot as good right out of the box with those funky sabots like the 85 did. I was hooked. I took that LK93 out on almost every hunt and it never let me down. I bet it has over 1k shots through it and is just as deadly as it was the day it came off the show room. I got lucky with that one as it has the Timney Trigger. Seems when the LK93 first came out that had a shortage of the Chinese triggers and when they ran out they put the Timney trigger on them.

I know own about 10 assorted Knight Ml's. All plunger models. Never got one of the bolt models because why??? These shoot so good!!!!!!!

All but one have scopes mounted on them. I keep the one iron sighted LK93 for hunts that do not allow scoped MLs. Most of them sport a fixed 4x or low power varible.

I love this forum already. Cannot wait to meet more people that love Knight Mls.

KnightMl

Post by KnightMl » February 22nd, 2012, 7:07 pm

Whitetailandbass wrote:Favorite Knight memory, buying a new LK85 in the morning and putting down a buck that afternoon. Love my Knight! :D
Man you would be surprised at the number of people that bought a Knight on Friday night...never sighted it in and shot a deer the next morning with it. My buddy did that very same thing. Bought a Wolverine that had never been shot before. Popped a cap in it the morning of the hunt. Poured 100 GR of Pyrodex down the barrel with a 240 Hornady XTP bullet/sabot and killed a 6 pointer before 7 am. He was thrilled and I was in AWE.

What wonderful Mls. Tony Knight should be so proud.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » February 23rd, 2012, 9:39 am

Took my first bull elk with my disc extreme and love it ,now have a LRH and it also is a great gun.

KnightMl

Post by KnightMl » February 23rd, 2012, 2:20 pm

Like I posted my first shots with my MK85 were probably my most memorable.

My favorite hunting story was the first hunt with my LK93. I was using iron sites and had just come from the range where I had shot the center out of a typical circle target. Was very happy with accuracy so I just stopped there and did not test at different ranges.

Opening morning I get on a tree trunk that had fallen over watching a doe trail. It was really foggy. About 30 min into the hunt 5 does come walking down the hill about 20 yards in front of me. I pick off the lead doe and up she runs to the top of the hill and dissapears. I was kicking myself thinking I missed. The rest of the does ran back up the way they came down.

About as soon as I get the ML reloaded here comes the 4 does back down the same trail. I pop a cap on another one and it runs up the same hill the other doe ran. Thought I had missed.

Reload and about 10 min later here come the 3. I shoot think I missed.
Reload and here come the two. I shoot and think I missed. Never saw the 5th one again.

Finally discusted I get up and start walking around looking for sign,hair blood. Sure enough I have 4 seperate blood trails. Had killed all 4 of them and they all piled up about 30 yards apart from each other.

4 does inside a 45 min span. Then you realize you gotta tag them and pack them out. Oh the fun of that day.

Whitetailandbass

Post by Whitetailandbass » February 25th, 2012, 1:58 pm

KnightMl wrote:
Whitetailandbass wrote:Favorite Knight memory, buying a new LK85 in the morning and putting down a buck that afternoon. Love my Knight! :D
Man you would be surprised at the number of people that bought a Knight on Friday night...never sighted it in and shot a deer the next morning with it. My buddy did that very same thing. Bought a Wolverine that had never been shot before. Popped a cap in it the morning of the hunt. Poured 100 GR of Pyrodex down the barrel with a 240 Hornady XTP bullet/sabot and killed a 6 pointer before 7 am. He was thrilled and I was in AWE.

What wonderful Mls. Tony Knight should be so proud.
My husband and I did take a little time to sight it in before going out in the afternoon. We both have LK93's and just bought a like new Black Knight.

cayugad

Post by cayugad » February 25th, 2012, 11:18 pm

I have two LK 93's and one LK-II and all three of them are great shooting little rifles. I was shooting one this morning. Just a sweet rifle to shoot.

Bub_tackett

Post by Bub_tackett » October 18th, 2012, 7:18 pm

I was ten years of age and my dad came in and said I think you are ready to go deer hunting now. So he took me on the early black powder season in my home state of ky. Which is in the middle of oct. so it wouldn't be to cold on me. He had just got a new knight rifle earlier that year. He put. Me 90g of f2 and a number 11 cap. I shot my first deer that morning . That was in 1995. For ten more year after that I was still use the same gun and load. I always filled the freezer that weekend . I sold that gun to my dads life long hunting partner. He still uses it today. I have moved on sense then with a mk85 209 to now a knight vision which I have a omega scope on with 250gr bullet and 150 triple 7 . I busted the t/c butts all day with it.