Knight Vision - Western Edition

sabotloader
Knight Vision - Western Edition

Post by sabotloader » January 30th, 2015, 12:53 pm

Not sure where to post this so I chose this Topic

They were showing this at the shot show this year so it will probably on the way to the markets pretty soon.

Knight has converted the Vision break open rifle to be a Western Legal. I do not know all of the particulars but I am positive it will come with your choice of #11 or Musket cap ignition. I also expect the price to be really attractive or competitive, but have not seen a suggested price as of this date.

What do I know of the Vision? I remember a friend of mine sent me one of the original Visions several years ago to do some shooting and testing with the rifle plus he wanted the LOP cut down.

I remember when I got the rifle - I was surprised at the strength of the gun. It was built to last. It does have a Green Mountain barrel and it shot really well.

This target was the sight in target and the first shots fired from the rifle.

Since the introduction of the rifle and I believe it was two years ago - Knight went back in and re-worked the internals of the trigger and hammer to make them smoother and easier to shoot. The parts are now machined rather than stamped.

I really do like the hammer-less design. My very first rifle EVER was a 1894 Winchester 30-30 - I still have it and I used for years and years - and all of that time I never once complained about needing to pull the hammer back to shoot at a deer. TODAY - it is different I hate it! I would much rather just slide a safety off and be able to shoot. The Vision solves that problem for me, so maybe that is part of the reason I like it.

I am not sure when we will see it - but I am hoping to get one soon to put in some farm time testing it... When I get it I hope to add a lot more information about the rifle.
Keep on Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a blast

Leadbrain

Re: Knight Vision - Western Edition

Post by Leadbrain » January 30th, 2015, 9:56 pm

Thanks for the report. I always enjoy reading your results.

a1smokepole

Post by a1smokepole » January 31st, 2015, 5:55 pm

Good report sabot.

saltshaker

Post by saltshaker » February 8th, 2015, 9:53 am

I hope they do put this camo version back into production. I use to have one of the old ones, but since I already had an MK85 and a Bighorn, I decided to sell the Vision. I wish I had it back now. It was ugly and the LOP was a little too long, but it shot great. I really liked the hammerless, break-open action. The scope sat a little too far forward for my liking, but Knight came out with an extended mount that helped move the scope to a more suitable position. A long eye-relief scope is a big plus on this rifle. It looks like I might be in the market for a new Vision!

DiscMan

Post by DiscMan » February 17th, 2015, 8:45 pm

Nice report